+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just after sending my parcel for spouse visa, I realized that I made a mistake

straightdrive

May 23, 2015
Hi guys, within a couple of hours of sending my parcel for the spouse visa (inland), I realized that I made a mistake. Actually it's the form IMM0008 where I forgot to put Applicant and Spouse name. Also, I was supposed to put everyone's name in my native language which I forgot too. As I sent it via express post using Canada post, they refused to return the parcel and it will definitely reach CPC Mississauga.

Please guide me what options do I have. Is there any way I can send the correct form so that my file is not returned as incomplete after 3 months or so. Please please help me...

SaskTo10

Oct 5, 2017
Hi guys, within a couple of hours of sending my parcel for the spouse visa (inland), I realized that I made a mistake. Actually it's the form IMM0008 where I forgot to put Applicant and Spouse name. Also, I was supposed to put everyone's name in my native language which I forgot too. As I sent it via express post using Canada post, they refused to return the parcel and it will definitely reach CPC Mississauga.

Please guide me what options do I have. Is there any way I can send the correct form so that my file is not returned as incomplete after 3 months or so. Please please

Wait for file number or send forms again.

Reactions: straightdrive

straightdrive

May 23, 2015
Thanks for your reply.

Can you please elaborate on the option of sending the forms again? How can I send the forms without any reference number.

For the second option, when do we normally get the file number? thanks again for the reply.

SaskTo10

Oct 5, 2017
You have to wait for file number. Once you get the number . Call them and let them know the situation.

Once you attach online account you can submit there or you can mail them to case processing center.

I would recommend call immigration lawyer ask what can be done.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
If the application is found to be incomplete it will be returned. Not sure if they will assign a file number. It might have a temporary file number which you can get when you call them.

Otherwise if you have a UCI (from previous applications/communications with cic), you can use the UCI. You re-send the forms that have mistakes, attach a letter of explanation with your details, sponsors details (including UCI). And then call them as well asking them to link the new forms to your application package.

Send the forms and LEO using both, the webform and courier. And dont forget to call them as well

straightdrive

May 23, 2015
If the application is found to be incomplete it will be returned. Not sure if they will assign a file number. It might have a temporary file number which you can get when you call them.

Otherwise if you have a UCI (from previous applications/communications with cic), you can use the UCI. You re-send the forms that have mistakes, attach a letter of explanation with your details, sponsors details (including UCI). And then call them as well asking them to link the new forms to your application package.

Send the forms and LEO using both, the webform and courier. And dont forget to call them as well
Thank you so much! Will do that!