Nomination.....
17/09/15
AOR Received.
06/10/15
Med's Done....
29/06/15
LANDED..........
Inland
I read this in an article on BBC and I liked it and thought to share.

"Keeping international students who have studied in the country is the ideal way of immigration. They have the needed certificates, they don't have a language problem at the end of their stay and they know the culture," says Fohrbeck.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32821678

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT THINK THAT STUDENTS ARE ENTITLED TO ANYTHING, OR OWE CANADA ANYTHING FOR THAT MATTER. I AM NOT WITH OR AGAINST. THIS IS JUST AN IDEA THAT I THOUGHT WORTH SHARING!

juliegunawan

Mar 2, 2014
"Even if people don't pay tuition fees, if only 40% stay for five years and pay taxes we recover the cost for the tuition and for the study places so that works out well."

In my opinion, that kinda makes sense.
Canada doesn't owe anything, however, everyone who lives in Canada, they have to pay tax and provincial tax, where at the end of the day it goes to Canadian.
If there is no one studying in Canada, then there won't be any money coming in to the country (and most of this money, especially if you are undergrad, will come from the parents).
And it works the same way for any countries.
On the other hand, if people work in Canada, earn money, pay tax, but at the end of the day they have to send money to their family back home, then Canada lost some money, where it becomes an income for other country that can boost their GDP.
It's some complicated economy things, I don't study economy, so I personally don't know.
Any thought?