+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Junior java developer from Serbia

MirkoBog

Aug 5, 2019
Dear fellow immigrants to be,

my wife has master's in computer science, but no work experience in the field. She has an excellent mindset, though. What are her chances of finding a job in the field?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear fellow immigrants to be,

my wife has master's in computer science, but no work experience in the field. She has an excellent mindset, though. What are her chances of finding a job in the field?
Does she have permanent residency in Canada? Or is she looking for a job as a foreign worker? If she is looking for a job as a foreign worker - assume there is no chance she will find a job in Canada. If you want to move here - you should be focusing on getting PR first instead.

MirkoBog

Aug 5, 2019
Thank you for your reply.
Actually, we are in the process of obtaining our PR, so let me rephrase my question - when / if we get our PR what are her chances?
I am a pharmacist, and that is regulated profession. I expect my way will be little slower then hers, and it would be really important for us, if she can find a job in the field (over 40000CAD after tax/year or more).
So what are her chances?
Would you advise us to wait for a year for her to get some work experience in our home country, even though we will lose 5 CRS points on age?
We are at 442 score now, so next year we will be 437.

Thank you in advance

Mirko

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Last edited:

Shruti Pathak

Mar 6, 2019
Thank you for your reply.
Actually, we are in the process of obtaining our PR, so let me rephrase my question - when / if we get our PR what are her chances?
I am a pharmacist, and that is regulated profession. I expect my way will be little slower then hers, and it would be really important for us, if she can find a job in the field (over 40000CAD after tax/year or more).
So what are her chances?
Would you advise us to wait for a year for her to get some work experience in our home country, even though we will lose 5 CRS points on age?
We are at 442 score now, so next year we will be 437.

Thank you in advance

Mirko
You can wait and get some work experience......to enhance your score and it will also help you to get a job in Canada in your field.