grag2

Mar 20, 2014
Here is my timeline!
Send in family app March 13
Received March 17
In process March 20
Prepare for test April 16
Test date Scarborough June 5
Passed test and the clerk/immigration officer that checked my original passport, PR, Landing paper congratulated me and said you will receive oath in 6-8 weeks.
I read here Scarborough office is "fast". Does it mean oath could come sooner than 6-8 weeks granted there weren't any issues with my file?
Thanks in advance

springtime

Star Member
May 5, 2014
grag2 said:
Here is my timeline!
Received March 17
In process March 20
Passed test and the clerk/immigration officer that checked my original passport, PR, Landing paper congratulated me and said you will receive oath in 6-8 weeks.
I read here Scarborough office is "fast". Does it mean oath could come sooner than 6-8 weeks granted there weren't any issues with my file?
Thanks in advance
My local office is not Scarborough but a friend of mine from there, got oath invitation within 4 weeks, you have the best local office. :D

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grag2 said:
Here is my timeline!
Received March 17
In process March 20
Thanks in advance
You just had your test.. Now, give CIC a break and let them do their job.. You will get your oath date soon.

Dom21

Star Member
Sep 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there !

Here's mine :

Family Application (My mother & Myself)
App received : 11 sept 2013
App in process: 13 nov 2013
Book received: 10 dec 2013
file transfer to scarborough: 14 jan 2014
citizenship test @ scarborough: 16 june 2014

Hoping all goes well for everyone and myself ! the lights is near !

Sisi2014

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Had my test on April 29th at Scarborough, passed the test and i was told by CIC that the judge has approved my application and granted the decision. Still waiting for the oath.....

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
My dates
Family application (2 kids, 2 adults)
Applied - August 2014
In process since - October 2013
Test - 3rd June 2014
Local office - Scarborough
Passed the test, CIC officer checked passports and landing papers and said all are good and we're good to go for the oath in 2 to 4 months, waiting for the oath date.

druid2010

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received Oct 13th, 2013
In process Dec 16, 2013

was told i should have my oath sooner than 2-4months

Dejaavu

Aug 17, 2013
I know some people are getting their oath letters within a week and some within 4 months at Scarborough local office. I know two friends of mine got after a month. I passed my test exactly a month ago and still waiting.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
joy4u said:
My dates
Applied - August 2014
Test - 3rd June 2014
Passed the test, CIC officer checked passports and landing papers and said all are good and we're good to go for the oath in 2 to 4 months, waiting for the oath date.
Received oath invitation letter today for 24th June at 1:00PM. ECAS not updated.

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
joy4u said:
My dates
Applied - August 2014
Test - 3rd June 2014
May I ask whether the officer checked your kids passports and landing paper in your interview or only they are checking the passport and documents for those who are invited to the test?

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
osamaamany said:
May I ask whether the officer checked your kids passports and landing paper in your interview or only they are checking the passport and documents for those who are invited to the test?
No they didn't. We were carrying all passports and papers but the officer specifically asked us to show our passports and landing documents only and not the kids' ones.