+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June/July 2019: Anyone who submitted the passport to CPC Ottawa

Devesh610

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hi,

When you say 'It's approved', is your CIC account has been updated? After receiving the 'Ready for Visa' email, do we get any other emails?
Once they generate the counterfoil and COPR, there will be a ghost update to your profile and the CIC home page will read the status as 'Approved'. An auto-generated email will be triggered the next day for the same. No mails after that.

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Once they generate the counterfoil and COPR, there will be a ghost update to your profile and the CIC home page will read the status as 'Approved'. An auto-generated email will be triggered the next day for the same. No mails after that.
Thanks. After referring the link you've provided, average processing time is around 3 weeks. However, I did couple of mistakes :(.. 1. Didn't wrote our name & dob in the back of the photo .. 2. I did sent my kid's US passport (rather we need to only send the photocopy).. Not sure if these aspects may contribute to the timelines .. I have an international travel in couple of weeks which I cannot skip.. any pointers would help ..

wondergirl1989

Jul 26, 2019
Hi,

When you say 'It's approved', is your CIC account has been updated? After receiving the 'Ready for Visa' email, do we get any other emails?
Approved meaning account updated saying approved and account says counterfoil doc is ready.I didnt see any email saying 'Ready for visa'.Only cic account updated

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
COPR & Passport Received today ,application was approved on 7th Aug
After Six years applying for H1B without no luck , I finally got my COPR Passport received today.

I've been stuck in the US since 2013 and can't tell you how happy I am!

PPR - July 3rd
Passport Sent - July 5th
Passport Delivered - July 12th
Approval on CIC - July 30th
Passport Tracker Activated - Aug 6th
COPR and Passport Received - Aug 13th

I'm elated!

Dan

SindhuG

Jun 26, 2019
Thanks. After referring the link you've provided, average processing time is around 3 weeks. However, I did couple of mistakes :(.. 1. Didn't wrote our name & dob in the back of the photo .. 2. I did sent my kid's US passport (rather we need to only send the photocopy).. Not sure if these aspects may contribute to the timelines .. I have an international travel in couple of weeks which I cannot skip.. any pointers would help ..
As far as I know it is ok.But as long as the photos come out right and as per their standards. I got photo request after 2 weeks from sending my passport and photos. But i got approval after 4 days. So not much of a delay even if they ask to resend photos. Good luck!

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
As far as I know it is ok.But as long as the photos come out right and as per their standards. I got photo request after 2 weeks from sending my passport and photos. But i got approval after 4 days. So not much of a delay even if they ask to resend photos. Good luck!
Thanks. Photos size are as per the requirement. Jst that I didn’t wrote the details. It’s been two weeks now, haven’t heard anything.. no CIC update , return tracker is not activated. Called them this morning but it’s not printed yet. Fingers crossed!

SindhuG

Jun 26, 2019
Hi all,

Received my Copr yesterday. Here is my journey post PPR

PPR - July 11
PP and photos sent to CPC Ottawa - July 12
PP and photos received by CPC Ottawa - July 15
Photos requested again - July 30
Photos received again by CPC Ottawa - Aug 1
Application approval in portal - Aug 6
Return tracker activated (Fedex) - Aug 12
PP/Copr received - Aug 13

Planning to do a soft landing next week :)
Good luck guys!

Reactions: dauntless84

SindhuG

Jun 26, 2019
Thanks. Photos size are as per the requirement. Jst that I didn’t wrote the details. It’s been two weeks now, haven’t heard anything.. no CIC update , return tracker is not activated. Called them this morning but it’s not printed yet. Fingers crossed!
yea good luck! i understand, been on the boat myself and was so stressful. Would check every one hour to see if return tracker activated. Dont worry it will be fine!