+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June/July 2019: Anyone who submitted the passport to CPC Ottawa

hazelmoon0309

Jul 14, 2019
I just called IRRC and was confirmed that the processing time after they receive passport is 2 weeks, then they gonna send out passport back to us. Because mine was received on July 11 so it means im supposed to have it after 25 (the agent talked to me gave me the date they would send out). Unfortunately, I have to postpone my flight until next week.

andygill11

May 5, 2018
I just called IRRC and was confirmed that the processing time after they receive passport is 2 weeks, then they gonna send out passport back to us. Because mine was received on July 11 so it means im supposed to have it after 25 (the agent talked to me gave me the date they would send out). Unfortunately, I have to postpone my flight until next week.
Does this 2 weeks time include printing time as well?

hazelmoon0309

Jul 14, 2019
Does this 2 weeks time include printing time as well?
yes. As that agent said. Because I asked him when it would be sent out so that I can change my flight. And he said after 2 weeks from the day they received your passport. He said July 25th mine will be sent out, but for Canadapost, he is not sure. They gonna hand out passports to Canadapost and the time CP delivery is unknown

Reactions: andygill11

andygill11

May 5, 2018
yes. As that agent said. Because I asked him when it would be sent out so that I can change my flight. And he said after 2 weeks from the day they received your passport. He said July 25th mine will be sent out, but for Canadapost, he is not sure

Harsimran1606

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
Mine is also same 11 July

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
I'd say it is a pretty accurate timeline if you sent a passport copy.
They sent me my CoPR exactly 15 days after receiving the copy of my passport.
Just to be safe though, it is better to plan for 3 weeks if you sent a passport. I think they are faster at processing passport copies than actual passports.

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
What CIC agent meant by "passport received" does not equate "passport delivered". It is true that the target processing time once passport is "received" by CIC is 2 weeks, which includes stamping the passport with a PR visa and producing the CoPR. However, there is currently a wait between delivery and CIC actually opening the package, acknowledging receipt of and starting to process the passport. Hence the current Ottawa processing time for passport being >3 weeks.

Reactions: opotato

andygill11

May 5, 2018
What CIC agent meant by "passport received" does not equate "passport delivered". It is true that the target processing time once passport is "received" by CIC is 2 weeks, which includes stamping the passport with a PR visa and producing the CoPR. However, there is currently a wait between delivery and CIC actually opening/starting to process/acknowledging receipt of the passport. Hence the current Ottawa processing for passport being >3 weeks.
Makes sense

leeyangkai

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
I agree with the discussion above. It's taking more than 2 weeks. My password was like
Mailed out - June 27
Delivered - July 2
Approved - July 18

Return tracker is yet activated.

Reactions: opotato

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
I agree with the discussion above. It's taking more than 2 weeks. My password was like
Mailed out - June 27
Delivered - July 2
Approved - July 18

Return tracker is yet activated.
Did you see the change of status on your application on CIC? Any alert on ur CIC account on your email?

Dan

funkadelic666

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Passport delivered: 5 july

I emailed cic week about the status. This is the reply

Good day,

Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned as soon as the process is completed.

Your documents will be returned using the provided return envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the courier website.

We thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Lewanika

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada

Dantonvfx

Jul 15, 2019
UPDATE!!!!!!!!

PPR (photocopy) date: June 26 2019
Passport sent: June 26 2019
Passport received in Ottawa: June 28 2019, signed by SCI MARTIN
Application Approved: July 18
Passport and paperwork back: DELIVERED TODAY July 22nd!!!! Sent form CPC July 18th 6PM

I'm going in the next hours to the Border to be PR!!!!

Reactions: mbaleine and Yaha14