App. Filed.......
23-06-2010
PalNP said:
Guyz,

i've found another e-Client Application Status Tracker

https://ecas.carroll.org.uk/

PalNP

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Pls dont ever login to this address as it seems that it is a hacking web site to get your immigration status and secret information.

BE VERY VERY CAREFUL------------------------------------------ :eek: :eek: :eek:

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizwan72 said:
:mad: :mad: :mad:
Pls dont ever login to this address as it seems that it is a hacking web site to get your immigration status and secret information.
You are being rather foolish making that statement, it is a tracking site, nothing more.

It makes following your eCas progress very easy.
Read the posts in this forum from matthewc - it is his site.

Please show me a link that proves that the site is trying to steal anything.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Baloo said:
You are being rather foolish making that statement, it is a tracking site, nothing more.

It makes following your eCas progress very easy.
Read the posts in this forum from matthewc - it is his site.

Please show me a link that proves that the site is trying to steal anything.
Although in all likelyhood the intentions of the site seem genuine, I can't see that it gives much benefit compared to the risk of handing over the information.

All this does is inform you if anything changes on ECAS, by checking it several times per day. I can and do check ECAS several times per day myself, so for me personally this site is a waste of time - and handing over that much information, even if everything the guy says is true - is just more of a security risk than a benefit.

Just my 2 cents,
Wayne.

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rightly said so..............

Cappuccino said:
Although in all likelyhood the intentions of the site seem genuine, I can't see that it gives much benefit compared to the risk of handing over the information.

All this does is inform you if anything changes on ECAS, by checking it several times per day. I can and do check ECAS several times per day myself, so for me personally this site is a waste of time - and handing over that much information, even if everything the guy says is true - is just more of a security risk than a benefit.

Just my 2 cents,
Wayne.

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If you want to log on to e-CAS every day only to be disappointed most of the time, there's absolutely nobody (least of all me) saying anybody has to use the tracker. Personally, when I was applying for PR, the wait was horrible, especially when the file was delayed with CSIS (I suspect due to my political / advocacy work, but I'll never actually know)... I wanted to try to get on with life and be reminded of it as little as possible. That's why I made the tracker in the first place - just for myself. I figured if it was useful to me, it would be useful to other people too. So far over 1600 people agree with me, and I get a slow but steady trickle of thank you emails from people.

Wayne, I totally respect your judgement call that it's not worth it for you (there's nothing I can do to prove it's all safe, and you're right it is a risk/benefit trade-off)... but I would like to think that if there was a genuine problem, in the last 3 years it would have been revealed. CIC could also very easily block it or contact me about it if they chose to.

rizwan72, what I do ask is that people not spread unfounded allegations. Yes, I know this is the internet, and I'm fairly thick-skinned, but mud-slinging against me personally and claiming it is a definite scam with absolutely no evidence to support that is just low. Also, if it was a scam, I would be pretty stupid to host it linked to my personal website with my real name and contact info attached.

Matthew

Edit: p.s. I found this thread because someone who used the tracker and found it useful was bothered enough by it to send it to me.

PalNP

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10
Passport Req..
August 13
VISA ISSUED...
September 13
matthewc said:
If you want to log on to e-CAS every day only to be disappointed most of the time, there's absolutely nobody (least of all me) saying anybody has to use the tracker. Personally, when I was applying for PR, the wait was horrible, especially when the file was delayed with CSIS (I suspect due to my political / advocacy work, but I'll never actually know)... I wanted to try to get on with life and be reminded of it as little as possible. That's why I made the tracker in the first place - just for myself. I figured if it was useful to me, it would be useful to other people too. So far over 1600 people agree with me, and I get a slow but steady trickle of thank you emails from people.

Wayne, I totally respect your judgement call that it's not worth it for you (there's nothing I can do to prove it's all safe, and you're right it is a risk/benefit trade-off)... but I would like to think that if there was a genuine problem, in the last 3 years it would have been revealed. CIC could also very easily block it or contact me about it if they chose to.

rizwan72, what I do ask is that people not spread unfounded allegations. Yes, I know this is the internet, and I'm fairly thick-skinned, but mud-slinging against me personally and claiming it is a definite scam with absolutely no evidence to support that is just low. Also, if it was a scam, I would be pretty stupid to host it linked to my personal website with my real name and contact info attached.

Matthew

Edit: p.s. I found this thread because someone who used the tracker and found it useful was bothered enough by it to send it to me.
Hi Matthew

All in all, this site is cool to click..since December 2007.

Beside that do you update the status by tracking yourself so simply mention the fact that will be shown on ecas?

PalNP

PalNP

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10
Passport Req..
August 13
VISA ISSUED...
September 13
PalNP said:
Thanks AKapoor3 for update and vital precautions to take!

Dear all,

A fake text message warning people that radiation from the Fukushima nuclear plant has leaked beyond Japan has been panicking people across Asia.The SMS message, purporting to come from the BBC, has been circulating around Asian countries since Monday.
It warns people to take necessary precautions against possible effects of radiation.

PalNP

PalNP

Mar 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 10
Passport Req..
August 13
VISA ISSUED...
September 13
I strongly believe the 2nd AOR would be dished out very soon to every one from NDVO 8)

hotheart007

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 april 2010
Doc's Request.
4 th NOVEMBER 2010
AOR Received.
File Submit in NDVO on January 2011
IELTS Request
Processing date_4 may 2012
File Transfer...
22-01-2011____Group is_1-19EL9DH
Med's Request
19-April-2013
Med's Done....
23-may-2013.......Photo Request_6-June-2013
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
19-4-2013___&amp; DM--16-september 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-Sept-2013
LANDED..........
10-October-2013
PalNP said:
Hi,
Mine over 68 days after full docs submission....bt no sign of 2nd AOR and status is CIOS eligibility complete...what is your status??

PalNP
dear PalNP

nothing is showing ............

dats y I worry but little about that.................lol

hotheart

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
matthewc said:

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Yeah I think it's a personal call. As I said, the site certainly seems genuine and in all likelyhood it probably is :) My apologies for questioning your integrity, but when it comes to handing over information on the internet I draw on my own experience and as a rule of thumb - one cannot be too careful :)

One question, I am a software developer myself, how do you actually query ECAS? Do they provide some kind of API or web service?

Wayne.

P.S. My ECAS status changed this morning from "Received by Visa Office" to "In Process (started processing 15 March)!

lakhvinder.kaur

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2010
New Delhi India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Sept-2013
Cappuccino said:
Hi Matthew,

Yeah I think it's a personal call. As I said, the site certainly seems genuine and in all likelyhood it probably is :) My apologies for questioning your integrity, but when it comes to handing over information on the internet I draw on my own experience and as a rule of thumb - one cannot be too careful :)

One question, I am a software developer myself, how do you actually query ECAS? Do they provide some kind of API or web service?

Wayne.

P.S. My ECAS status changed this morning from "Received by Visa Office" to "In Process (started processing 15 March)!
Congrats Wayne !
hope now you are agree to that post June applicants are getting priority.
wish you good luck for getting MR soon.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
lakhvinder.kaur said:
Congrats Wayne !
hope now you are agree to that post June applicants are getting priority.
wish you good luck for getting MR soon.
Actually no, I don't think my application is getting priority :)

I'll explain. My application has been sitting in London for 6+ weeks.

When my application arrived at London, CIO had already done the final eligibility review. Therefore, in my view our application "slotted in" behind all the pre-June-26 applications which had already reached the background/security check stage.

The 6 week delay has been because they are processing those pre-June-26 applications already at that stage.

Of course, there are many other pre-June-26 applications which are currently having or awaiting eligibility review at the visa office. The overall process once at visa office for pre-June-26 will of course be longer, because visa office has to do more work.

But a longer process isn't the same as getting priority. CIC made changes to the process for the purpose of speeding up things.

And as I pointed out several times, post-June-26 had 2 months worth of document gathering (against a ticking NOC cap clock) before we could even apply.

The above is, of course, just my guesswork based on what I've seen and heard.

Post-June-26 applicants may well get their visas faster, but IMO it's because of an improved process and not down to simply getting priority.

Wayne.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Hi Matthew,

Wayne.
I believe that matthew provides (or did provide the code) if you want to check it.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Baloo said:
I believe that matthew provides (or did provide the code) if you want to check it.
All this, of course, begs a more fundamental question. Why the hell don't CIC send an email to you when your ECAS status changes? ;)

Wayne.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
All this, of course, begs a more fundamental question. Why the hell don't CIC send an email to you when your ECAS status changes? ;)

Wayne.
A valid point indeed, maybe because the have too big an internet bill :) - but we know the real reason.

Separate topic.
Prepare yourself for using the Canadian internet - know about UBB.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6peRQV5hFEQ