ITA- Apr 05, 2017
AOR- June 20, 2017
Additional docs requested (Schedule A declaration)- July 15, 2017
Meds passed- July 18, 2017
IP1- Missed
NA2- July 18, 2017
IP2- Aug 23, 2017
PPR- Aug 28, 2017

what's your aditional documents status show.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I received PPR while I was on vacation last week!!! My full time line for everyone's reference is below.

ITA
19/04/2017
AOR 23/06/2017
Meds Passed 18/07/2017
IP1 18/07/2017
NA2 22/08/2017
IP2 23/08/2017
PPR 23/08/2017

There has been no change to my CIC account after IP2, the only notification I received was the PPR e-mail itself.
Congrats!!!

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Is there anybody who received the <<ready for visa>> email but no change or any new message in MyCIC account?
normally it wont change, till you get passport stamped, it will then change to approved.

vladikim

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
30-08-2016, AOR2 - 16-09-2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2016
There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.
1. Not needed at this time (NN)
2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

Hi! Thank you for detailed explanation! I would like to double check one thing, it says: We are processing your background check. Is it IP(2)?

I'm June 27 CEC inland applicant, and medical hasn't passed yet. Is it normal?

Nad86

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.
Hi Andy, Trend 1 is a bit confusing. People here are talking that in IP1 it is written: Your application is in progress but in IP2 it is written: We are processing your background check.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was confused as there is no change or new message in MyCIC account....as far as I heard a PPR letter is a 6 page document and I here just received an email.
Thank you and congrats as well! I wouldn't have concern on that. There were people here only got their status changed after they submitted their passport.

PoojaO

May 31, 2015

2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

3. In Progress (IP)

Dear Andy,
Thanks for the detailed info.

Our AOR is 9 June. We hv applied under FSW. Medicals passed. They do not need additional documents. We are in NA2. When we called on 24th Aug they mentioned that our application is at LVO - NDVO. But they also mentioned that Criminality is checked but Eligibility and Security has not yet started.

Can u please explain our Stage (wrt ur explanation above) and when can we expect things to go to IP2 from NA2.

TIA

ankur.mangla

Apr 7, 2017
Did your file got Processed by CIO Sydney and then sent to New Delhi?
When did they transferred your file to NDVO?
I believe, it was with CIC Ottawa and now they have sent it to New Delhi Office. They have not confirmed when it was sent to New Delhi office.