+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June AOR 2017

ankur.mangla

Apr 7, 2017
-----Need help-----

AOR Date --> 16-June.

Application status --> We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility --> We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results --> You passed the medical exam. (12-July).
Review of additional documents --> We do not need additional documents. (changed on 25-Aug).
Interview --> You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics --> We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check --> We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision --> Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

CIC requested Canada RCMP on 12th July and I have shared the same with them on 1-Aug.
My profile hasn't gone to NA status for Background check.

Review of additional documents --> The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. (1-Aug to 25-Aug. Uploaded the RCMP report on 1-Aug). This status changed to "We do not need additional documents" on 25th Aug.

Can anyone please help me to understand whether I am in IP1 or IP2?

Also, is there anyone else with the same situation?

Last edited:

User8505

Aug 8, 2017
-----Need help-----

Application status --> We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility --> We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents --> We do not need additional documents. (changed on 25-Aug).
Interview --> You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics --> We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check --> We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Prima facie, seems to be IP2. When did your background check changed to "We are processing..." from IP1 ?

AoR : 15 - 20 June?

drCAN

Aug 22, 2017
-----Need help-----

Final decision --> Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

CIC requested Canada RCMP on 12th July and I have shared the same with them on 1-Aug.
My profile hasn't gone to NA status for Background check.

Review of additional documents --> The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. (1-Aug to 25-Aug. Uploaded the RCMP report on 1-Aug). This status changed to "We do not need additional documents" on 25th Aug.

Can anyone please help me to understand whether I am in IP1 or IP2?

Also, is there anyone else with the same situation?
From the BG Message "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" it seems you are close to PPR.

What is your AOR date and Visa office?

ankur.mangla

Apr 7, 2017
From the BG Message "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" it seems you are close to PPR.

What is your AOR date and Visa office?
AOR date is 16-June.
I do not know which is my VISA office. Where can I see this?

Reactions: drCAN

drCAN

Aug 22, 2017
AOR date is 16-June.
I do not know which is my VISA office. Where can I see this?
You can send mail to :CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and ask for your visa office.

Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I request you to confirm in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

Best regards

User8505

Aug 8, 2017
AOR Date is 16-June.

I am seeing "We are processing..." since my medical is passed.
There is a difference in the wordings of IP1 and IP2.

IP1 : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

IP2: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Seems that you missed the NA2.

ankur.mangla

Apr 7, 2017
You can send mail to :CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and ask for your visa office.

Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I request you to confirm in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

Best regards
Thanks, i have sent an email to them.
How much time does it take to get reply from them?

Last edited:

ankur.mangla

Apr 7, 2017

IP1 : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

IP2: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I am not sure on that. CIC requested RCPM Criminal record check and because of that my 'background check' status is not following the same trend as many of us follow.

Because of this, i am confused in IP1 and IP2.

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Do you know at what stage is your application at?
No, they just mentioned that the application is at CIO SYDNEY. My cic account says not applicable.

SPV

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-02-2017
Nomination.....
13-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
Med's Done....
14-07-2017
Mine is also June 20, still at CIO Sydney..i called and was told they are still reviewing eligibility. Hope they process it soon
Yeah hope so too.. it has been sitting like this for close to 50 days now

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.
1. Not needed at this time (NN)
2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

BrittanyElaina

Jul 18, 2017
California, USA
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
Med's Done....
18-07-2017
I received PPR while I was on vacation last week!!! My full time line for everyone's reference is below.

ITA
19/04/2017
AOR 23/06/2017
Meds Passed 18/07/2017
IP1 18/07/2017
NA2 22/08/2017
IP2 23/08/2017
PPR 23/08/2017

There has been no change to my CIC account after IP2, the only notification I received was the PPR e-mail itself.