+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 SPOUSAL PR **OUTLAND** Sponsorship (Online/Paper)

cansgh

Mar 23, 2013
Update Timeline as below (Update on Oct.06,2023)

Sponser: Canadian Citizen. PA- Living in China. No Dependants

-Applied: June 03, 2023
-Sponsor Received AOR: August 03, 2023 Case Processing Centre Sydney
-Linked the Application to GC Key: August 17, 2023
-
Crated PR Tracker Account: August 17, 2023
-BIL Requested: September 13, 2023
-SA: September 13,2023
-Biometrics completed: September 15, 2023
-
Biometrics Updated in GC Portal: September 15, 2023
-
Medical Requested: September 14, 2023
-Medical Completed: September 16 , 2023
-Medical Passed: September 21, 2023
-Background Check In processing, September 21, 2023
-Eligibility Not Start
-PA Received AOR: October 06, 2023, IRCC Office: Hong Kong

Update Timeline as below

-Applied: June 03, 2023
-Sponsor Received AOR: August 03, 2023
-Linked the Application to GC Key: August 17, 2023
-
Crated PR Tracker Account: August 17, 2023
-BIL Requested: September 13, 2023
-SA: September 13,2023
-Biometrics completed: September 15, 2023
-
Biometrics Updated in GC Portal: September 15, 2023
-
Medical Requested: September 14, 2023
-Medical Completed: September16 , 2023
-Medical Passed: September 21, 2023

FYI

Last edited:

apoddar25

Jul 30, 2023
Hi Anyone received spousal TRV approval after showing AOR of spousal PR? I have applied TRV on 1st September and still waiting for TRV approval.

Jvisa

Mar 3, 2023
Hi Everyone - Starting thread for June 2023 SPOUSAL PR Applicants. Recently, I have noticed AOR turnaround time is anywhere between 1-2 months. This is great as its followed by SA (Sponsorship Approval), after which you can apply for TRV. Let's hope the usage of automated technology helps to reduce the timelines further. Please share your submission dates and milestones as your application progresses. All the best to every one.
Starting a google doc for detailed timeline tracking. Please take a min to share your timeline. Its all anonymous!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W6hIFvgiT10keGOe_JuiQ_OsAR_8RXSlie6vFGlhw4Y/edit?usp=sharing
Hi @InfoSeeker12 I wonder if the AOR means FN? I submitted my application in July 2023 and received the FN and eligibility has been updated to completed (PA received the bio request letter on the same day) shown on the tracker. But I don't see there was AOR and SA on my tracker, does this mean I have to wait for these two status?

Jvisa

Mar 3, 2023
Hi Anyone received spousal TRV approval after showing AOR of spousal PR? I have applied TRV on 1st September and still waiting for TRV approval.
Hi @apoddar25 I am going to submit the TRV for my partner as well. I wonder how should I fill the travel of purpose? Can we say the PA come to Canada and will apply the OWP as the new announcement and wait for the results of PR application? What's the leave date you indicated in the application form? Thank you!

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi @InfoSeeker12 I wonder if the AOR means FN? I submitted my application in July 2023 and received the FN and eligibility has been updated to completed (PA received the bio request letter on the same day) shown on the tracker. But I don't see there was AOR and SA on my tracker, does this mean I have to wait for these two status?
AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt
its an email sent to the sponsor that their application to sponsor the 'principal applicant' has been accepted.
This email usually comes around 60 days after submission of application. And within 7 days after AOR, SA follows.

AOR was being considered a critical milestone document to successfully get TRVs. But recently TRVs for Spousal PRs, seems to be on hold, instead CiC seems to be focusing on processing PR applications within 5-6 months (check the number of messages in March/April thread who got COPR/PPRs)

What is FN though?

Jvisa

Mar 3, 2023
AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt
its an email sent to the sponsor that their application to sponsor the 'principal applicant' has been accepted.
This email usually comes around 60 days after submission of application. And within 7 days after AOR, SA follows.

What is FN though?
Hi thanks for your reply. FN means file number, I received a letter with file number and indicate they received my application. However, I didn't see the activity of AOR in the tracker, so I was a little confused. Additionally, SA would probably follow after the "eligibility has been updated to completed" in the spnsor's tracker?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi thanks for your reply. FN means file number, I received a letter with file number and indicate they received my application. However, I didn't see the activity of AOR in the tracker, so I was a little confused. Additionally, SA would probably follow after the "eligibility has been updated to completed" in the spnsor's tracker?
No, SA - follows AOR - usually within 7-10 days. The eligibility you are looking in tracker is for applicant, not sponsor.
Some june applicants haven't got AoR, but they got SA directly. I got AOR and then SA and most of cases in June plus many in earlier months, also got it in similar pattern.

Esselte

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
No, SA - follows AOR - usually within 7-10 days. The eligibility you are looking in tracker is for applicant, not sponsor.
Some june applicants haven't got AoR, but they got SA directly. I got AOR and then SA and most of cases in June plus many in earlier months, also got it in similar pattern.
In my experience SA doesn't necessarily follow within the 7-10 days. Same with biometrics and medical requests.

It's been 3+ weeks since AOR (September 14th) for our application submitted on May 31st. Nothing happened since then.

We decided to wait patiently and do not submit any webforms yet.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
In my experience SA doesn't necessarily follow within the 7-10 days. Same with biometrics and medical requests.

It's been 3+ weeks since AOR (September 14th) for our application submitted on May 31st. Nothing happened since then.

I have already said - some applicants in June did not even receive AOR. There are few june applicants who only got SA. Not sure if CIC follows a process or path, but generally speaking, yes AOR usually takes 45-60days and SA follows within 7-10 days.

May i know whats your/ PA's Visa office - or country of applicant's residence?

Esselte

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
I have already said - some applicants in June did not even receive AOR. There are few june applicants who only got SA. Not sure if CIC follows a process or path, but generally speaking, yes AOR usually takes 45-60days and SA follows within 7-10 days.

May i know whats your/ PA's Visa office - or country of applicant's residence?
True. I guess I expected more consistency within the process. Definitely not a FIFO approach.

Sure. I already shared it in the May's thread. Country of PA's residence is Norway. AOR received from the Sydney office.

thepanesar

Jan 17, 2020
Hi guys ,

Spousal PR Outland application applied on June 5th ,

from last two months my file is under background check

how long it takes for background check
TIA

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023

InfoSeeker is right though, usually it has those timelines.

Unfortunately for me it also hasn't been like that. I got AOR 20th of September and hasn't received anything since then.

I like to believe that, just like we are part of the ~20% that didn't receive SA or Biometrics within those 10 days, we are also part of the ~30% that get their PPR within 5 to 6 months.
Once our applications moves along, it will be faster than normal, hopefully.

Keep your head up! And fingers crossed for us and everyone else that wants to be reunited with their partners.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

Esselte

Star Member
Sep 14, 2023
InfoSeeker is right though, usually it has those timelines.

Unfortunately for me it also hasn't been like that. I got AOR 20th of September and hasn't received anything since then.

I like to believe that, just like we are part of the ~20% that didn't receive SA or Biometrics within those 10 days, we are also part of the ~30% that get their PPR within 5 to 6 months.
Once our applications moves along, it will be faster than normal, hopefully.

Keep your head up! And fingers crossed for us and everyone else that wants to be reunited with their partners.
I'm glad you're so optimistic :)

I was wondering recently if everyone has to give biometrics. Does anyone know?

The reason I'm asking is I spoke with Canadian Embassy in Norway and they said there is no biometric collection office in Norway, so I would need to travel abroad to get those sorted if needed and my assumption is I'll have to at some point.

Last edited:

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
I'm glad you're so optimistic :)

I was wondering recently if everyone has to give biometrics. Does anyone know?

The reason I'm asking is I spoke with Canadian Embassy in Norway and they said there is no biometric collection office in Norway, so I would need to travel abroad to get those sorted if needed and my assumption is I'll have to at some point.
We gave to be optimistic! :)

Save some very rare cases, everyone has to give biometrics. You might have to travel or you might have to do yours in ink at the embassy or some sort of government office, and then send it to IRCC or accredited agency to digitalize them.