+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
hey - how did you apply for your child's GCMS? I tried but it asked to fill some parents consent form. So I didn't do it...
Hi,

It is very easy. You apply the same way. I put my name in the Requester Information section. I enter child name and details in the Requesting Information For section. I attach the following with the GCMS request:
  • IMM5744 form (which both parents needs to sign)
  • Father PR card
  • Mother PR Card
  • Child PR Card
  • Child Birth Certificate (if it's in English)
You can download the IMM5744 form from this link. The form is valid for 1 year, you do not need to sign a new one every time you request GCMS notes for your child. You can submit the same with a request each time.

To fill a form, follow the instructions below:
  • Section 1 of the consent form indicates your information (Father Last Name,Father First Name) as the person authorized.
  • Section 2 of the consent form indicates the minor’s information (Child Last Name, Child First Name);
  • Section 2.1 of the consent form indicates the minor’s mother’s information, handwritten signature and signature date;
  • Section 2.2 of the consent form indicates the minor’s father’s information, handwritten signature and signature date;

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi,

It is very easy. You apply the same way. I put my name in the Requester Information section. I enter child name and details in the Requesting Information For section. I attach the following with the GCMS request:
  • IMM5744 form (which both parents needs to sign)
  • Father PR card
  • Mother PR Card
  • Child PR Card
  • Child Birth Certificate (if it's in English)
You can download the IMM5744 form from this link. The form is valid for 1 year, you do not need to sign a new one every time you request GCMS notes for your child. You can submit the same with a request each time.

To fill a form, follow the instructions below:
  • Section 1 of the consent form indicates your information (Father Last Name,Father First Name) as the person authorized.
  • Section 2 of the consent form indicates the minor’s information (Child Last Name, Child First Name);
  • Section 2.1 of the consent form indicates the minor’s mother’s information, handwritten signature and signature date;
  • Section 2.2 of the consent form indicates the minor’s father’s information, handwritten signature and signature date;
That's too much of effort...anyways what did you find out from your child gcms? I have my daughter's application along with mine stuck at LPP in Sydney (rc 8090)

Reactions: mehranjadoon

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
That's too much of effort...anyways what did you find out from your child gcms? I have my daughter's application along with mine stuck at LPP in Sydney (rc 8090)
The both are at Grant DF status. Notes on my child’s application says Ceremony Ready where as my application is pending, waiting for a response from ICES.

Reactions: Jaywalker

SYY258

Feb 11, 2024
You know the funny thing, LPP is In-Progress in tracker, Not Started in eligibility section of the GCMS notes and in the note I posted above, Language is passed. I don't know what to believe
I think most of officer waiting until all lpp complete to post at same time on tracker but some are post one by one.

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
I’m thinking of requesting a second set of GCMS notes but idk if ordering them might delay my file even more. What do you guys think?

Last edited: