+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Thanks for answering yes this helps , only difference is that it’s for an adult and child . I wanted to know if applications with a child takes longer than a single adult or two adults .

Because I'm still waiting for an update for oath .
(LLP : Nov. 27)
My application is similar you yours, mine is adult + child, I'm still waiting for LPP, so I think you are still in good shape.

animal123

Dec 2, 2023
Hi everyone, I want some guidance on how to reschedule the oath invite. I am supposed to travel on 7th Feb 2024 outside Canada and I have received the oath invitation for 15 Jan 2024. Since the passport process can be long, I want to know how can I inform this to IRCC?
Any insights.

mitsalex

Star Member
Jan 19, 2021
Hi everyone, I want some guidance on how to reschedule the oath invite. I am supposed to travel on 7th Feb 2024 outside Canada and I have received the oath invitation for 15 Jan 2024. Since the passport process can be long, I want to know how can I inform this to IRCC?
Any insights.
You can apply for urgent processing for a fee, it should be alright. I think 3 weeks is enough from oath to passport if you do that. I would not recommend to reschedule the oath because that could be a mess.

armlk

Apr 28, 2021
Any insights.
You can get your passport in 1-2 days, or in less than 10 days by showing proof that you have to travel soon. You shouldn’t reschedule your oath.

Reactions: desmat

Fasttrack

Nov 7, 2023
Hi,
Application submitted May 29th,
Application received July 5th,
Background check completed July 10th
Test Received : July 15,
Test completed August 8th
Test completed August 10th,
Ghost update on Oct 27th,
Still waiting for other status updates.
My friends who applied in August and September have already received their pasports.
All from Mississauga.
There is no criteria for the process. Pathetic system

Nick_1919

Jun 30, 2021
Hi,
My friends who applied in August and September have already received their pasports.
All from Mississauga.
Your applications is in Scarborough office. That's why you have a delay in processing. Contact your local MP (Member of Parliament), they should fix this problem. It is not normal when one office's processing applications 4-5 times slower than the others.

Reactions: mehranjadoon

glennchu

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Hi,
All from Mississauga.
I think I was one of those who received the test invite earliest after AOR June 1st 2023. I am on the same boat as you, after test in August there is no update and all other status are in process. Weird System, know so many who applied after me and already received Oath and or their passports.

Reactions: mehranjadoon

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Your applications is in Scarborough office. That's why you have a delay in processing. Contact your local MP (Member of Parliament), they should fix this problem. It is not normal when one office's processing applications 4-5 times slower than the others.
Not all MPs will get involved if your total processing time has not exceeded the average processing time, which is currently 16 months. Most MPs have bluntly stated this on their website as well.

Reactions: thisisauser