+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Yes, you must send signed oath letter to IRCC no more than 2 days after the oath. The letter is provided in the oath invite email.
You can take a print out sign it (there are two place where you sing, read the instructions carefully). then Scan the document or take a photo of it and email that photo to the same email where the invote came from.
The instruction says that when you send the email keep your subject line as follows: Oath form for [paper file number], [last name].
Also note that papers file number is not same as application number. paper file number is mentioned right below application number on the oath form you are signing.

If you have applied as a group/family. everyone in the group has same paperfile number but different application number.
We sent all our signed oath forms in a single email.

(Do not send any oath form for children below 14 years of age)
I hope this helps.
Thank you so much for this detailed explanation. This is surely going to be very helpful.

Reactions: ish2110

iggy12

Sep 14, 2011
language skills- in progess
Test- not started
Oath - not started

rest is completed like below ,

what’s does the latest update mean? Its
For my mother who’s over 60 , so Language and test shouldn’t be applicable

Application history

• Nov 9, 2023
    Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony
    Citizenship oath status has been updated to Not started.

• Nov 1, 2023
    Activity status updated: Physical presence
    Physical presence
    Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.

• Nov 1, 2023
    Activity status updated: Prohibitions
    Prohibitions
    Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.

• Oct 17, 2023
    Activity status updated: Background verification
    Background verification
    Background verification status has been updated to Completed

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Officially a Canadian Citizen

I was originally a oath candidate on November 21, 2023 (Video) but I requested an In-Person ceremony and they rescheduled me today November 10, 2023.

i am so happy. The Citizenship Official who registered me to the oath, told me that she is the one who granted my request and exchanging correspondence with. She is so nice and even congratulated me.

It was a great ceremony, indeed there is no substitute for an In-Person ceremony. There are over 100 candidate in our group with 26 countries. The ceremony went well.

Goodluck everyone.

Enelle184

Nov 8, 2023
Officially a Canadian Citizen

I was originally a oath candidate on November 21, 2023 (Video) but I requested an In-Person ceremony and they rescheduled me today November 10, 2023.

i am so happy. The Citizenship Official who registered me to the oath, told me that she is the one who granted my request and exchanging correspondence with. She is so nice and even congratulated me.

It was a great ceremony, indeed there is no substitute for an In-Person ceremony. There are over 100 candidate in our group with 26 countries. The ceremony went well.

Goodluck everyone.
Congratulation! That is awesome that you were able to have an in person ceremony that early compared to the virtual.
Which office? Also did you email them to request for an in-person ceremony? How fast did they reply? Thanks!

vikram1$2$

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hi,
Tracker got updated this morning. Scheduled for Oath
Online application
Office- Niagara
AOR - July 12
BG completed- July 24
Test invite - Sep 6
Test completed in tracker- Sep 19
Passport request -Oct 13
LPP- completed- Oct 25
Citizenship certificate download email - Nov 10
Update on Tracker - Nov 11, Scheduled for Oath
Oath date : Dec 05

Unfortunately I will need to reschedule as I am travelling during the second week of Dec. :(

Last edited:

armlk

Apr 28, 2021
Got a ghost update this morning. It says “Updated Nov 11” but LPP still shows in progress. Waiting since test completed on Aug 9.
Scarborough office

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Good News again this morning :
Tracker got updated to reflect that the oath is in progress, waiting on me : Nov. 8th 2023 reflected today, November 10th 2023. The Ceremony is on December 6th 2023.
Please note that I still have not received the GCMS notes requested on October 16th.....
WOW!. Hoping that others will start hearing some good news as well soon. #Sohappy.
Wonderful news Indeed, Congratulations.

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
How long does it take from LPP to Oath? I have seen as per the excel tracker that it can happen within a day or even take as much as 70 days.