+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Param90

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Did everyone/anyone get updates after the ghost update on oct 27th? If so what updates can you please share?

I haven't received any updates since the Ghost update on Oct 27th.

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Hi - I was schedule on Nov 23 (update on portal Nov 1). However today it got updated to Nov 27 (updated on tracker on Nov 3). Now on the portal - I can see both dates on the updates. I dont know what is it about? anyone have been in similar situation?

Application history
  • Nov 27, 2023
    Scheduled for Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 27, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

• Nov 23, 2023
    Scheduled for Citizenship oath
    Citizenship ceremony

Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on November 23, 2023. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Folks, I have my virtual oath scheduled for 14th Nov. I wanted to check do we need to prepare anything before the oath, I mean sign any document or keep anything handy apart from id's. Any points to keep a check of beforehand? Thanks
Just be sure to have the last page of the oath package (the oath form) printed and ready to sign. Have your PR card (intact), and a second id.

Also helpful, have a copy of the oath in English and French at easy reach. I found that it would have been hard to get the right words along with the officiating officer/judge if I didn't have a copy of the words.

Also, take the time to set yourself up for the day. Do you want to have Canadian themed gear in the background? A scarf? A Mug?

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Just be sure to have the last page of the oath package (the oath form) printed and ready to sign. Have your PR card (intact), and a second id.

Also helpful, have a copy of the oath in English and French at easy reach. I found that it would have been hard to get the right words along with the officiating officer/judge if I didn't have a copy of the words.

Also, take the time to set yourself up for the day. Do you want to have Canadian themed gear in the background? A scarf? A Mug?
Love this! Puts you in a great mindset!

• Love
Reactions: AnonyKaty

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Background completed Jul 20th and test completed 3 months back, LPP in progress, waiting...................
Year end is coming and want to go on vacation but it has been taking too long time. I can see that Scarborough office has sent oath invite to many have almost similar timelines but I am waiting
Will order GCMS notes today to see where it is stuck

Almost 3 months since test completed but nothing so far, don't know how for few it is so fast.

born2rule

May 7, 2023
Hello everyone, so I had set up a Microsoft authenticator on my IRCC profile, and I changed my cellphone, also I did not note down the 6 digit code while setting up the authenticator.
Without creating a new IRCC profile is there any way to get back my old profile? Has anyone have had this issue?

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
From a technical perspective, are you a Canadian citizen immediately the oath ceremony is completed? or do you remain a PR until you receive the certificate or e-certificate of citizenship (which is pretty much your proof of citizenship on paper in writing) ? @legalfalcon

Last edited: