Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
16-10-2020
AOR Received.
16-10-2020
I sent the webform to them as follows:

Enquiry:
There has been no movement on my application since July 17, 2023 whatsoever, nothing past background check completeness. I have applied on June 6, received AOR on July 7, got background check completeness update on July 17.Numerous applicants who submitted single online applications 3-4 weeks later than me, already became citizens at this point and have gotten their certificates. I would like to understand what the holdup is and why my application is not being worked on. I understand that your standard response is "the processing time is such and such", however, maybe it is so long because there are some people who get their applications processed in 2.5 months and others who don't get theirs touched for same or much much longer time.”

Below is their response (which I was surprised to receive at all since they warn you that they won’t respond if your application is not in process for longer than current processing time):

“Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:
  • Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
  • by using the Client Application Status
    (CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
  • through your online account.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
  • Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship”

No test invite after so many days post AOR is really not normal, have you tried calling them and asking for a status update?

• Sad
Reactions: Jalalcananda

olvach101

Jan 20, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
16-10-2020
AOR Received.
16-10-2020
As for calling them, I, for now, decided not to waste time on trying to even reach the agent by phone (we all know how much pain in the rear it is to get through to the non-robotic voice with IRCC). I see that all that other people got from an agent by calling them was nothing useful anyways (our processing time is 18 months blah blah, your application is not past 18 months, can’t help you, etc etc etc)

No test invite after so many days post AOR is really not normal, have you tried calling them and asking for a status update?

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Do you guys know how often does the system (tracker) get updated. Is it everyday or once a week and etc…?

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Just received e-certificate download instruction.

App Date: 3rd June
AOR: 4th July
Background: 21st July
Test Invite: 31st Aug
Took test: 4th Sept
Test Completed: 26th Sept
GCMS notes received: 25th Oct
LPP: Oct 24th - Shows completed on 26th Oct.
E-certificate download instruction: 31st Oct.

Citizenship ceremony: Not started.

ehlb

Oct 12, 2023
I sent the webform to them as follows:

Enquiry:
There has been no movement on my application since July 17, 2023 whatsoever, nothing past background check completeness. I have applied on June 6, received AOR on July 7, got background check completeness update on July 17.Numerous applicants who submitted single online applications 3-4 weeks later than me, already became citizens at this point and have gotten their certificates. I would like to understand what the holdup is and why my application is not being worked on. I understand that your standard response is "the processing time is such and such", however, maybe it is so long because there are some people who get their applications processed in 2.5 months and others who don't get theirs touched for same or much much longer time.”

Below is their response (which I was surprised to receive at all since they warn you that they won’t respond if your application is not in process for longer than current processing time):

“Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

While your application is being processed, we recommend consulting the Check your application status page to learn how we are processing applications during the pandemic and how to check the status of your application:
  • Submitted by mail (if it was not linked to an online account):
  • by using the Client Application Status
    (CAS) online tool, which is updated daily.
  • Submitted online or submitted by mail and linked to an online account:
  • through your online account.
We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
  • Download application forms and guides
  • Change of address
  • Check your application status
  • Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship”
Wow, it is just a generic answer. It looks like they don't even read the web forms to provide an answer. I understand that may receive a lot of requests, emails, calls, etc., but they should improve their communication system.

Zay11

Star Member
Jun 30, 2020
I was in smilar situation. IRCC never received one and it was hard to get through them. Webform response never came. Phone lines busy. I was finally able to reach IRCC through phone and they told me Fingerprints not received. RCMP takes forever to respond as well and they confirmed they have sent long time back. RCMP send by regular post to IRCC and it appears they got lost. I reached out to RCMP to send again. Wrote webform again to IRCC with all the documentary evidence. Nothing worked. So finally I decided to send them again through RCMP accredited agency and it worked. Within 2 weeks background got completed.
hi i was reading your post for the fingerprint, is it that - your first submit report got lost and you sent the fingerprint 2nd time as you had experienced delays for the first submit ? and after your second submit , the report sent successful and it's received by ircc.