+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
You are lucky, again don't know what is the criteria to pick applications but happy to see things are moving for few.

Hi everyone I'm a silent reader and I must say I've found most of the answer to my questions within this group of which I'm truly Greatful!!
I've come to the end of my Canadian citizenship application journey and now I'm officially a Canadian:)

I want to share my timeline as a guide

Citizenship Application Timeline:

Ontario, Single applicant.

Application submitted: 14th June 2023
AOR: 18th July 2023
Background Complete: 17th August 2023
Citizenship Test Invite: 22nd August 2023
Citizenship Test took on: 31st August 2023
Test complete on tracker: 1st Sept 2023
LPP complete on: 8th Sep 2023
Citizenship Oath Invite: 28th Sep 2023
Oath Ceremony scheduled: 18th October 2023 Virtual
E-certificate received and downloaded on: 19th October 2023
Application closed on: 21st October 2023

Case processing office Mississauga Ontario.

Wishing the best for everyone still waiting for their Application to be complete and receive your Oath Invite as soon as possible!!

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Not sure if this is coincident but my LPP completed today morning after I received my GCMS notes yesterday.

App Date: 3rd June
AOR: 4th July
Background: 21st July
Test Invite: 31st Aug
Took test: 4th Sept
Test Completed: 26th Sept
GCMS notes received: 25th Oct
LPP: Oct 24th - Shows completed on 26th Oct.

Citizenship ceremony: Not started. Havn't received any instruction email or anything.

Last edited:

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Not sure if this is coincident but my LPP completed today morning after I received my GCMS notes yesterday.

Citizenship ceremony: Not started. Havn't received any instruction email or anything.
I think it did. When I applied for my 1st set of notes, thats when they found my application from April and sent the AOR one day before they responded to me.
Curious as to when you applied for the GCMS notes.

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019

Interesting. May be a coincidence. When did you request for GCMS notes?

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
Requested GCMS last week and received it yesterday. LPP showing not started yet. :( Last update on my app was Aug 14

charlesbroski

Star Member
May 19, 2022

That's good news. No update for me even after receiving my GCMS notes.

• Sad
Reactions: tejaspan

trinirock

Star Member
May 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
8th March 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
AOR Received.
26th April 2018
File Transfer...
07th May 2018
Med's Request
10th August 2018
Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
You are lucky, again don't know what is the criteria to pick applications but happy to see things are moving for few.
Honestly I don't know either... I've seen some people waiting for a very long time and others as fast as 2 months. One thing I've notice is that the Mississauga office seems to be processing applications the faster than others.

Reactions: splashyygirl

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Requested GCMS last week and received it yesterday. LPP showing not started yet. :( Last update on my app was Aug 14
Same here. Since Aug 11. If you look at gcms notes you can see the put a due dare every month and there is a big due date 1 year after aor. I think we have to wait more :confused:

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
Same here. Since Aug 11. If you look at gcms notes you can see the put a due dare every month and there is a big due date 1 year after aor. I think we have to wait more :confused:
Is your APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT blank? also does it says Location: E-Grant Review Ready PM01?

raheelpk

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Yes, Mississauga office is far more efficient than Scarborough but then it seems there are no KPIs to ensure all applications are processed efficiently regardless of location. Issue is year end is coming and many have travel plans and waiting for the passport. We are just stuck with Scarborough office.

Honestly I don't know either... I've seen some people waiting for a very long time and others as fast as 2 months. One thing I've notice is that the Mississauga office seems to be processing applications the faster than others.

Param90

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi everyone, Can you please let me know what to look at in GCMS notes? I have just received it. LPP status shows as Not started, is there anything to look at?