+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
It seems like things move in waves. Some folks get through very fast, and then others lag for some reason. In the January and February 2023 forums, some folks are just getting through their oaths now. There are also people from December 2022 with outstanding applications
How frustrating this thing is. I wonder if there is a criteria for picking files and asking for additional information. There must be something that holds some files for longer period of time than others.

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
AOR - 11 July
Test Completed - 10 August
Background completed - 20 July
LPP - waiting
Test invite - Scarborough office
Silence after that :(
I think many applicants are still waiting.

In my case only the test has been completed, everything else is in progress.

AOR was in July! now I am mentally preparing for 17 months of processing time posted on IRCC's website. I don't even have any complicated travel, work or visa history.

Last edited:
Reactions: raheelpk

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
I think many applicants are still waiting.

In my case only the test has been completed, everything else is in progress.

AOR was in July! now I am mentally preparing for 17 months of processing time posted on IRCC's website. I don't even have any complicated travel, work or visa history.

Thanks.
So your background is still in progress too?
And did they ask you for fingerprints or not yet?

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
So your background is still in progress too?
And did they ask you for fingerprints or not yet?
Yes, the background is in progress, Fingerprints were received by IRCC in September, and updated on the tracker but the background still is in progress. that got me worried.

How about you?

• Sad
Reactions: AnonyKaty

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Yes, the background is in progress, Fingerprints were received by IRCC in September, and updated on the tracker but the background still is in progress. that got me worried.

How about you?
I’m on the same boat, submitted my fp in august and they just received this month and the bc is still in progress. Only test is marked complete.

• Sad
Reactions: AnonyKaty

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I’m on the same boat, submitted my fp in august and they just received this month and the bc is still in progress. Only test is marked complete.
Sorry do not want to be intrusive, but if you would like to provide more details, do you have any extensive travel history or complicated immigration history?

I recently received my GCMS notes, and everything looks in good shape, apart from security, which was blanked out. I am not sure if thats the reason that my background is in progress.

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Sorry do not want to be intrusive, but if you would like to provide more details, do you have any extensive travel history or complicated immigration history?

I recently received my GCMS notes, and everything looks in good shape, apart from security, which was blanked out. I am not sure if thats the reason that my background is in progress.
Not at all. Literally the only thing i can think of is probably 2 traffic tickets (even though I highly doubt they are the reason) and also my nationality, that’s it.

trinirock

Star Member
May 2, 2017
App. Filed.......
8th March 2018
Doc's Request.
12th March 2018
AOR Received.
26th April 2018
File Transfer...
07th May 2018
Med's Request
10th August 2018
Med's Done....
25th August 2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25th October 2018
VISA ISSUED...
12th November 2018
Hi everyone I'm a silent reader and I must say I've found most of the answer to my questions within this group of which I'm truly Greatful!!
I've come to the end of my Canadian citizenship application journey and now I'm officially a Canadian:)

I want to share my timeline as a guide

Citizenship Application Timeline:

Ontario, Single applicant.

Application submitted: 14th June 2023
AOR: 18th July 2023
Background Complete: 17th August 2023
Citizenship Test Invite: 22nd August 2023
Citizenship Test took on: 31st August 2023
Test complete on tracker: 1st Sept 2023
LPP complete on: 8th Sep 2023
Citizenship Oath Invite: 28th Sep 2023
Oath Ceremony scheduled: 18th October 2023 Virtual
E-certificate received and downloaded on: 19th October 2023
Application closed on: 21st October 2023

Case processing office Mississauga Ontario.

Wishing the best for everyone still waiting for their Application to be complete and receive your Oath Invite as soon as possible!!