+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

TimThaler

Jul 31, 2019
How are things going for those guys who didn't receive an update in tracker after passing the citizenship test? Specially Vancouver office

harleenkaur1218

Sep 30, 2023
Hello everyone, I have a very generic question related to a citizenship application that I recently filed.
As the application requires us to provide details for last 5 years, I had only provided details within the eligibility period of 5 years, nothing beyond that. For example my eligibility period ended in July 2023 and I only provided details from July 2018 to July 2023. I had started a job in 2016 and left that job in the end of 2019 but I only mentioned the dates as July 2018 to Dec 2019 as I was under the impression that we only need to provide details for 5 years. Would that be an issue? I would appreciate if someone could answer that for me.

deepti_k1

Mar 10, 2016
Jun 7: Application filed
June 27:BG completed
July 28: citizenship test completed

After that just got an email in mid-August saying your address on file is updated since I had a change of address.
No update since then. I called them and they mentioned it is in the process .....18 months is the timeline

I was wondering how fast it was in the beginning and now the application is not moving at all?? Any similar experiences?

Also, I have travel coming up in November beginning, I asked them about it as well and they said please let us know 3-4 weeks in advance. Should I just wait for the oath to come and then inform?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Jalalcananda

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
July 28: citizenship completed

After that just got an email in mid-August saying your address on file is updated since I had a change of address.
No update since then. I called them and they mentioned it is in the process .....18 months is the timeline

I was wondering how fast it was in the beginning and now the application is not moving at all?? Any similar experiences?

Also, I have travel coming up in November beginning, I asked them about it as well and they said please let us know 3-4 weeks in advance. Should I just wait for the oath to come and then inform?
Wait they said your citizenship application is complete?

Did you get an oath date? Do you know if you have been granted citizenship?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
July 28: citizenship test completed

Same here. Oh boy, I swear my file is playing hide and seek under the shelves with those mischievous mice! It's the latest rodent-approved filing system!