+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
How do I get the email for the processing office?
The email address for the processing office is the email address you received your test invite from. The fingerprints are handled by Vancouver office and they sent us email requesting finger prints. Even though their email said that they do not reply to emails received on that address, we still tried our luck. To our surprise they replied within 30 mins.

Reactions: charlesbroski

charlesbroski

Star Member
May 19, 2022
The email address for the processing office is the email address you received your test invite from. The fingerprints are handled by Vancouver office and they sent us email requesting finger prints. Even though their email said that they do not reply to emails received on that address, we still tried our luck. To our surprise they replied within 30 mins.
Thanks. I'll try my luck.

Reactions: mehranjadoon

zapzyder

Star Member
May 5, 2020
Hi June 30 application filed online
Background completed July 21
Scheduled for citizenship test July 28
Citizenship test updated Aug 9

Brampton, ON

physical presence, prohibitions, language- in progress

ceremony - not started.

Reactions: desmat

LHaywood1

Apr 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2016
I am reading it can take 2-5 days to download a citizenship certificate and more than 2 weeks for some. It also takes months if you re-schedule the ceremony (if it's even approved by them).

Would you take an oath if you had international travel plans scheduled 1-2 weeks from the ceremony? (Keep in mind, that you still need time to apply and receive a passport). I am on the verge and cannot decide if I should risk it and take an oath before the trip or opt to re-schedule and wait for months. Need your thoughts, thank you!
I have the exact same issue and I have chosen to postpone. I’m aware this will delay everything but I felt it was too risky.

I emailed them, explained the situation and the recommended postponing. They didn’t seem to think it was a huge problem

Milo2023

Sep 24, 2023
I have the exact same issue and I have chosen to postpone. I’m aware this will delay everything but I felt it was too risky.

I emailed them, explained the situation and the recommended postponing. They didn’t seem to think it was a huge problem
Did they provide you with the next steps? And are you okay to share their exact response?

They are not big fans of rescheduling, that's for sure.

LHaywood1

Apr 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
17-03-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2016
Did they provide you with the next steps? And are you okay to share their exact response?

They are not big fans of rescheduling, that's for sure.
“We can reschedule your ceremony upon your return to Canada - for a time after October 28th. You will receive the invitation on a later date. “

Not much information but it didn’t appear to be an issue to them.

jacob97

May 11, 2018
Scarborough office applicants. Anyone got their test updated in tracker yet?

I gave test on 31st August. And its still not updated in tracker yet.

L0VEL1VER

Star Member
Jun 13, 2020
Background:
2023-SEP-20 0800 AB TIME: Virtual oath with the Edmonton Office, sent signed oath form as instructed right after the oath.
2023-SEP-22 1500 PST: Gave IRCC Call Centre a call to inquire about my e-certificate (has not been able to download it), was told that they have not received my oath form. Sent again using my original email, an alternative email, and webform.
2023-SEP-25 1500 PST: Still nothing. Gave IRCC Call Centre a call, and was told that they only received my oath form on 2023-SEP-22, so the 2-5 business day started from that day.

TLDR: The 2nd agent explained that, sometimes these ceremony agents can be slow in "processing" oath forms, as oppose to simply "receiving" them, and the 2-5 business day wait time starts from whenever they claim to "have processed" our oath forms (kind of inreasonable isn't it? lack of transparency eh? but this is Canada and we are citizens now so it shouldn't surprise us eh?).

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
I have an update on my tracker! My LPP got marked as complete. They officially completed it last week Friday but it reflected as complete today!

I am in the home stretch

Reactions: trinirock