+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Jigsx

Jul 13, 2023
June applicants and SCR office only

Can you guys give a quick update of your timelines please. This for everyone of us to have a quick visibility

Thank you
SUBMITTED - June 11

AOR - JULY 13

In process - JULY 15

Citizenship test update - Aug 12

Test invite - Aug 15

Background verification update- Aug 16

Test Taken - Aug 18

Citizenship test updated -Aug 23
LPP IN PROGRESS
OATH - Not Started

-No update after test completed

Reactions: sidroy09

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Finger prints requested on Aug 14 - I gave them on Aug 25 (I was on holiday hence the delay).
I took the test on Aug 28, and the test status changed to completed on the tracker on Aug 31.

So I am waiting for Background, and Language/Physical Presence/Prohibitions.
Did you get your fingerprints completed on the tracker? I submitted mine the same day as you, not completed on the tracker yet. My guess is next week should show it completed.

Last edited:

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
My wife and me both gave fingerprints on 19th Aug. My tracker shows finger prints received on 4th Sep and Background completed on 5th September.

However, my wife’s tracker still shows waiting for fingerprints i.e. no update after Aug 18 when we did our tests.

is it something to worry about?

11CECapp

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
My wife and me both gave fingerprints on 19th Aug. My tracker shows finger prints received on 4th Sep and Background completed on 5th September.

However, my wife’s tracker still shows waiting for fingerprints i.e. no update after Aug 18 when we did our tests.

is it something to worry about?
don't think so. Mine's the same

Reactions: mehranjadoon

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
After giving your FP, does the tracker gets updated to received before completed?

if no, then how are we supposed to know if IRCC received the results from RCMP ?

thanks in advance

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
After giving your FP, does the tracker gets updated to received before completed?

if no, then how are we supposed to know if IRCC received the results from RCMP ?

thanks in advance
After giving fingerprints, it gets updated that fingerprints received. Then Background gets completed. (That is my experience)

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
After giving fingerprints, it gets updated that fingerprints received. Then Background gets completed. (That is my experience)
Thanks for the reply.

Was the “received update” under “background verification” or did it show up under the application history?

And how long did it take from the date you’ve given your FP until it said received?

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Did you get your fingerprints completed on the tracker? I submitted mine the same day as you, not completed on the tracker yet. My guess is next week should show it completed.
It isn't completed yet on the tracker. I am also hoping that it will be marked as completed in the next week

Reactions: Graykoala

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019

thanks in advance
No, it doesn’t show received right away. What I have read on this forum. RCMP sends the results to IRCC Vancouver office by snail mail and then IRCC receives the results and marks it completed on the tracker. The entire process takes 2-4 weeks time.

Reactions: AnonyKaty

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Thanks for the reply.

Was the “received update” under “background verification” or did it show up under the application history?

And how long did it take from the date you’ve given your FP until it said received?
It shows under application history. My timeline is as below:
  • Type: Online application
  • Physical Presence Days: 1096
  • Application: Family (3)
  • Application Sent: 27/06/2023
  • Application Delivered: 27/06/2023
  • AOR: 27/07/2023
  • In Process ECAS: 29/07/2023
  • GU1: 05/08/2023
  • Test Invite Letter / ECAS Date: 10/08/2023
  • Finger Prints Request (In Tracker): 16/08/2023
  • Test Interview Date: 18/08/2023
  • Fingerprints Given: 19/08/2023
  • Test Complete: 22/08/2023
  • Finger Prints Received: 04/09/2023 (Main Applicant Only)
  • Background Complete: 05/09/2023 (Main Applicant Only)