+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

dbhavik1812

Sep 25, 2017
Is anyone on same boat as me?
I gave my Citizenship exam on 21st Aug, window to give exam was 21st Aug-11th Sep.
Its been 8 days now, my tracker still says in-progress.
Unfortunately it will be updated after the 11th September, as system is not checking it even if you give the exam on the first day of the window, it will be updated after the window expired

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Unfortunately it will be updated after the 11th September, as system is not checking it even if you give the exam on the first buisness day of the window, it will be updated after the window expired
I took the test on the first day of my test window and was updated as completed the next business day on the tracker. Also check other applicants timelines, it takes from 24 hours to 10 days to show completed. We don’t need to wait till the test window expires.

dannyrod

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Unfortunately it will be updated after the 11th September, as system is not checking it even if you give the exam on the first day of the window, it will be updated after the window expired
Actually not. It did showed updated on 29th Aug…and tracker showed completed on 31st Aug. I gave exam on the very first day 21st Aug, last date is 11sep. So it can update early depending on when you do it.

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Submit all pages which has immigration stamps on it with the First and last page of the Passport that includes Bio Info. this will save your time and will be helpful in counting your presence in canada. Otherwise you might get a request to submit that again in future that will delay your overall citizenship process
I beg to differ. It is clearly mentioned in the online application that we should submit only Bio pages. IRCC already has our entry and exit details from their border services or immigration system. I don't think they will take the pain of going through our passport pages to count our presence in Canada.
For example, I recently got my PR card renewed and even for that you need to submit details of your presence in and out of Canada. No supporting document was required and IRCC was able to validate my presence successfully hence my PR card renewal was approved.
I believe sometimes we overdo which instead slows down the process.

Cynch

Sep 8, 2017
I beg to differ. It is clearly mentioned in the online application that we should submit only Bio pages. IRCC already has our entry and exit details from their border services or immigration system. I don't think they will take the pain of going through our passport pages to count our presence in Canada.
For example, I recently got my PR card renewed and even for that you need to submit details of your presence in and out of Canada. No supporting document was required and IRCC was able to validate my presence successfully hence my PR card renewal was approved.
For paper based, it is required to submit all pages of the passport. For online application, just the bio page but some were required to submit all pages subsequently. To save time, i attached all pages as Optional Documents.

TTWPBF

Mar 30, 2021
I wonder if it is like finger prints and a certain number or people are chosen to submit everything. I was asked to submit all the pages of my passports subsequently. I’ve only traveled to the US during my eligibility period. It’s put me behind by my estimate at least 10 days and counting. So - if it is not burdensome/expensive to do and/or you don’t want any delays whatsoever - it might make sense to pre-emptively upload.

GottaGo

Jun 7, 2017
UPDATE
Filling out details for my wife. (Please update excel sheet with her details):
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1243
Application: Single
Application sent: June 2nd, 2023
Delivered/Application filed: June 4th, 2023
AOR: July 4th, 2023
Background Complete: July 12th, 2023
Citizenship Test Updated to In Progress: July 21st, 2023
Citizenship Test Invite: July 25th, 2023
Test Scheduled: July 31st-Aug 20th
Test taken: July 31st 2023
Test Complete on tracker: Aug 10th, 2023
LPP: Complete on tracker, Aug 30th, 2023
Ceremony: Not Started
did you get this updated in the tracker? if not just request for access from the sheet and you should receive access. once you have that just add her details to the tracker

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
For paper based, it is required to submit all pages of the passport. For online application, just the bio page but some were required to submit all pages subsequently. To save time, i attached all pages as Optional Documents.
Good point. Optional documents can be utilized to upload other pages.

Regarding the Optional documents, I want to highlight that if applying for self, we should not upload any external documents or family documents such as a partner's passport copy without confirmation from IRCC. One of my friend's application was returned after 1 month because of this reason and asked to resubmit.