Physical Presence Days: 1198
Application: Single
Application sent: 2023-06-03
Delivered: 2023-06-03
AOR: 2023-07-06
Test invite letter: 2023-08-03
Test Completed : 2023-08-05
everything changed to status completed : 2023-08-08
I never got GU , how long it'll take to get Oath invite?
wow, that's super quick.. congratulations.

I completed the test on 8/5 too.. Hope that I turn lucky as well :)

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
This last week was very slow, with not much movement in any way. Just hope that they enjoyed their long weekend and now they better start working a little faster. I wonder if members of the forum still updating their progress.

• Haha
Reactions: Jalalcananda

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Please help with this question:
The applicant submitted a citizenship application on July 2nd, 2023, and traveled out of Canada on July 22, 2023, to visit family. Received AOR on Aug 9, 2023.
Should the applicant submit a web form using this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?
to inform IRCC that the applicant plans to leave Canada for more than 2 weeks in a row?
is there anything specific that needs to be mentioned in the inquiry section?
Would this affect the citizenship application and it's process in any way?
Thanks

dannyrod

Star Member
Jan 25, 2021
Please help with this question:
The applicant submitted a citizenship application on July 2nd, 2023, and traveled out of Canada on July 22, 2023, to visit family. Received AOR on Aug 9, 2023.
Should the applicant submit a web form using this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?
to inform IRCC that the applicant plans to leave Canada for more than 2 weeks in a row?
is there anything specific that needs to be mentioned in the inquiry section?
Would this affect the citizenship application and it's process in any way?
Thanks
I dont think you need to mention or if this will make a difference in processing.
As per my understanding, If your stayed outside for more than 6 months and in citizenship application case if its not affecting your 1095 days in Canada…it shouldnt be a problem.

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
I dont think you need to mention or if this will make a difference in processing.
As per my understanding, If your stayed outside for more than 6 months and in the citizenship application case if it does not affect your 1095 days in Canada…it shouldn't be a problem.
Thank you for your reply. IRCC mentions that you need to inform us if you plan to leave Canada for more than 2 weeks in a row and only after you receive AOR as they need the file number. So not sure if the applicant should inform IRCC by sending a web form. And what if the applicant didn't inform because they would already know if the applicant has traveled once they check CBSA's travel records?

Reactions: $Navi$

DDEEM

Jul 14, 2023
Thank you for your reply. IRCC mentions that you need to inform us if you plan to leave Canada for more than 2 weeks in a row and only after you receive AOR as they need the file number. So not sure if the applicant should inform IRCC by sending a web form. And what if the applicant didn't inform because they would already know if the applicant has traveled once they check CBSA's travel records?
Hi,
Where did you get this information?

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

While we process your application, contact us if any information on your application changes or if you

• change your address
  • plan to leave Canada for more than 2 weeks in a row
  • can’t check your application status online and the normal processing time for your application has passed
  • are charged with a crime
  • applied as part of a group, but now want to continue the application by yourself
Hi,
Where did you get this information?

DDEEM

Jul 14, 2023
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

While we process your application, contact us if any information on your application changes or if you

• change your address
  • plan to leave Canada for more than 2 weeks in a row
  • can’t check your application status online and the normal processing time for your application has passed
  • are charged with a crime
  • applied as part of a group, but now want to continue the application by yourself
Thank you.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
I would say it's better to inform, as for the reason, I think it's more of like processing purposes. Sometimes you need to submit your FP or go for an interview or schedule a test or Oath Ceremony . So that IRCC knows your current situation and can plan accordingly. Other than that it has nothing to do with your application processing. As you already meet all conditions to be a Canadian citizen. It's better to explain it sooner than later as if they want to know about your travel purpose for more than 2 weeks, they will ask you before making a decision.

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hello everyone!

My wife and I applied for citizenship on June 18 and June 22, 2023 respectively. We have not received the AOR as yet.

Looking at the messages here from, seems like this is delayed.

My question for you all is - Should I be worried? If yes, what options do I have?

Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Here's the details:
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: More than 1500+ days for both
Application: Myself and wife (separate individual applications)
Application sent: June 18 and June 22
AOR: Still Waiting
I applied 15th of June and still nothing!!! I guess some applications can be forgotten or lost.

• Sad
Reactions: Jalalcananda