+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

m@nty

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Prince Edward Island
Category........
PNP
I also live in Ottawa. Had my background completed on July 26th. No word on the test yet, although others with similar AOR and background complete dates as me have either gotten the test invite or taken it. Not sure if I am assigned to Ottawa but I am guessing I probably am. AOR to background complete was super fast at 8 days though.
other than test request everything else has been completed? language, time spend and all that stuff? as for me only background check says complete and everything else is in process mode

Phema

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
I also live in Ottawa. Had my background completed on July 26th. No word on the test yet, although others with similar AOR and background complete dates as me have either gotten the test invite or taken it. Not sure if I am assigned to Ottawa but I am guessing I probably am. AOR to background complete was super fast at 8 days though.
My BG completed on July 21st. I also live in Ottawa. I've just read that it takes an average of 3 months for Ottawa office to send test invite after BG completed. So guess we're in for a long wait. It's so frustrating when you see other applications being processed in a timely manner and yours is stalling.

Reactions: splashyygirl

NM2018

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Aor Jul 6th
Background completed jul 24
Citizenship test letter jul26. Have time till aug 17 to give the online test.
everything else- in progress

NM2018

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
I saw a lot of entries for test interview date in the tracker. Can anyone tell me what that is? Do we get a test interview request as well?

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
do you know when did Language /Physical Presence /Prohibition changed to In Progress? was it the same day when you logged into portal?

what about background ? is not started or in progress.
Since I didn't send the application myself (ie I did it through a rep,) I will have to double check the tracker.

Edit: So I just check and the background verification is also in process. There are no other dates than the AOR date. But I saw that the page was updated on August 2nd. I assume that was the background verifications update.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,289
Application: Single
Application sent: June 9th, 2023
Application delivered: June 9th (I applied through a consultant but I assume, it is the same date). My consultant confirmed the application was sent on June 9th.
AOR: July 14th, 2023
In Process: July 14th, 2023
In Progress: Language skills, physical presence, background (might be an August 2 update), and prohibitions

@admin feel free to update the tracker

Last edited:

yemanja79

Jul 14, 2023
other than test request everything else has been completed? language, time spend and all that stuff? as for me only background check says complete and everything else is in process mode
All other items are in progress. Although I've seen plenty of others get moved to the test stage without these being complete. So fingers crossed.

mammu.529

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
My education qualification is MBA from India. While applying for PR we did WES. Now we are applying for citizenship. In my B.Com( computers) and MBA certificates no where it is mentioned medium “English “. I didn’t took ielts. What is the process? Is my MBA is acceptable orelse I need to do anything else for English equavilance other than IELTS and celpip

Siddharth_

Jun 25, 2023
My education qualification is MBA from India. While applying for PR we did WES. Now we are applying for citizenship. In my B.Com( computers) and MBA certificates no where it is mentioned medium “English “. I didn’t took ielts. What is the process? Is my MBA is acceptable orelse I need to do anything else for English equavilance other than IELTS and celpip
Get a letter from institute stating that you have studied in English medium

Reactions: mammu.529

saiyanz

Aug 5, 2023
Hi,

Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1097
Application: Single
Application sent: June 02, 2023
Delivered: June 02, 2023
AOR: July 1, 2023
In-process Ecas: July 4, 2023
Background: In-progress
Ghost Update 1: July 21, 2023
Ghost Update 2: July 24, 2023

Anyone applied before June 15 still stuck on background in progress?