+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Phema

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hi when can I expect Test Invite ? My background check has been completed for the last two weeks ago. I’ve seen a lot of applicant here who have their test invite same day of completion of their background check or the next day. I am in Ottawa Office.
I'm in same shoes and also live in Ottawa. Do they automatically send applications for Ottawa applicants to Ottawa office or how do you know where yours is being processed?

binga777

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Did they return just the minor's application or entire family submission? Also did it happen after you received AOR?

Sorry for more questions, I'm in a comparable situation and hence asking. Feel free to ignore.
They returned for the entire family.
Nopes, never received the AOR.

Reactions: ramschennai

lionwoods

Jul 6, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1,289
Application: Single
Application sent: June 9th, 2023
Application delivered: June 9th (I applied through a consultant but I assume, it is the same date). My consultant confirmed the application was sent on June 9th.
AOR: July 14th, 2023
IP: July 14th, 2023
In Progress: Language skills, physical presence and prohibition

@admin feel free to add to tracker
do you know when did Language /Physical Presence /Prohibition changed to In Progress? was it the same day when you logged into portal?

what about background ? is not started or in progress.

lionwoods

Jul 6, 2023
Physical Presence Days: 1095
Application: Single
Application sent: June 6, 2023
Delivered: June 6, 2023
AOR: July 7, 2023
In-process tracker: July 11, 2023

Language skills: in-process
Physical presence: in-process
Citizenship test: not started
Background verification: July 17, 2023
Prohibitions: in-process
Citizenship ceremony: not started
do you know when did Language /Physical Presence /Prohibition /Background changed to In Progress? was it the same day when you logged into portal?

olvach101

Jan 20, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
16-10-2020
AOR Received.
16-10-2020
do you know when did Language /Physical Presence /Prohibition /Background changed to In Progress? was it the same day when you logged into portal?
Hey! Yes, it was in progress since I logged in to the portal for the first time.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
I am ready to take my exam but no invite yet, geez and my application was assigned to one of rhe slowest office of IRCC. Hope to hear from them soon.

raghavbhardwaj

Nov 21, 2017
there is a link in your submission confirmation email that you can use to check the cic website to see what AOR dates are being sent out currently. You can use this to confirm whether you are right on schedule or delayed. Hope this helps
Thanks bud! The only email I received from them is about the successful payment of $630 and that's it. Am I missing on something?

raghavbhardwaj

Nov 21, 2017
Hello everyone!

My wife and I applied for citizenship on June 18 and June 22, 2023 respectively. We have not received the AOR as yet.

Looking at the messages here from, seems like this is delayed.

My question for you all is - Should I be worried? If yes, what options do I have?

Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Here's the details:
Physical Presence Days: More than 1500+ days for both
Application: Myself and wife (separate individual applications)
Application sent: June 18 and June 22
AOR: Still Waiting

unnipbvr

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Question on ghost updates, would be received any email that you have an update on your account or would it be update just on citizenship tracker?
In PR process we usually got ghost email showing that you have an update is it same with citizenship process.
no emails.. at least not so far in the process (test scheduled)

m@nty

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Prince Edward Island
Category........
PNP
Hi there i got an update saying my background check is complete on 23th july and havent seen any other updates yet. Everything else is in progress status is that a common thing to happen and what would be next step. Application filed on 12th june

yemanja79

Jul 14, 2023
I am ready to take my exam but no invite yet, geez and my application was assigned to one of rhe slowest office of IRCC. Hope to hear from them soon.
I also live in Ottawa. Had my background completed on July 26th. No word on the test yet, although others with similar AOR and background complete dates as me have either gotten the test invite or taken it. Not sure if I am assigned to Ottawa but I am guessing I probably am. AOR to background complete was super fast at 8 days though.

Mr.Happy123

Star Member
Jul 24, 2018
Hi I got an email with my AOR as attached on 27july, but it does not reflect on my online application. It’s been 8days now. Is this normal?