Physical Presence Days: 1141
Application: Single
Application sent: June 9, 2023
Delivered: June 9, 2023
AOR: Waiting

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi All...I am planning to submit citizenship application for myself and my family (wife and 8 year old son) this month...all of us have PR status..quick question; as per IRCC (Apply for Canadian citizenship online (cic.gc.ca) ) it seems if none of the parents are Canada Citizen and if application includes a minor then I am not eligible for online option and I have to apply on paper...is my understanding correct?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi All...I am planning to submit citizenship application for myself and my family (wife and 8 year old son) this month...all of us have PR status..quick question; as per IRCC (Apply for Canadian citizenship online (cic.gc.ca) ) it seems if none of the parents are Canada Citizen and if application includes a minor then I am not eligible for online option and I have to apply on paper...is my understanding correct?
Is at least one parent applying to become a Canadian citizen together with the minor or already a Canadian citizen? This answer to this question will by Yes according to me for you.

Reactions: thepharmaguy

abacus_1719

Jul 1, 2019
Hi all I am planning to submit my application this month. i have noticed that on online application ircc has integrated the physical presence calculator.
on the physical presence calculator I have to put my status in Canada for the past 5 years. I was on PGWP before getting PR. The selection List shows 4 criteria’s.
visitor, temporary foreign worker, international student and, temporary resident permit holder.

which one have you guys chosen when you were in PGWP status?

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hi all I am planning to submit my application this month. i have noticed that on online application ircc has integrated the physical presence calculator.
on the physical presence calculator I have to put my status in Canada for the past 5 years. I was on PGWP before getting PR. The selection List shows 4 criteria’s.
visitor, temporary foreign worker, international student and, temporary resident permit holder.

which one have you guys chosen when you were in PGWP status?
PGWP is a work permit. You only have one obvious option. Temporary foreign worker.

canadafam

Feb 26, 2023
Admin, Please update the excel sheet..

Type: Online application (Paper application in April 2023, retuned due to incomplete documents on June 2023, Submitted Online application)
Physical Presence Days: 1418
Application: Family(3)
Application sent: 8th June
Delivered: 8th June

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hello everyone. I just applied yesterday. Fingers crossed. :)
My original application was paper in November 2022.
Was canceled on may 31 2023 for wrong physical appearance of my wife.
that was so disappointing to get canceled after 8 months and have aor and background completion.
I also find this what's up link
https://chat.whatsapp.com/Ky4cAXwGVCQ3oposUzvWNC

Last edited:
Reactions: PradipSaha

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Hi all, I am planning to apply Citizenship online this month. There is a confusing question under the "Residence and Tax" section. I am citizen of my birth country and PR of Canada.
The question is: Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

Never been PR of any country except Canada. Never been citizen of any country except birth country. I have had tourist/visitor visas in a few countries in the past. Nothing beyond tourist/visitor. Most of them were when i was a child, and those passports & dates are practically impossible to retrieve now after so long. How did you all fill out this section ? Is that information required ? What can i do without access to them ?

@legalfalcon

Last edited:

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi all, I am planning to apply Citizenship online this month. There is a confusing question under the "Residence and Tax" section. I am citizen of my birth country and PR of Canada.
The question is: Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

Never been PR of any country except Canada. Never been citizen of any country except birth country. I have had tourist/visitor visas in a few countries in the past. Nothing beyond tourist/visitor. Most of them were when i was a child, and those passports & dates are practically impossible to retrieve now after so long. How did you all fill out this section ? Is that information required ? What can i do without access to them ?

@legalfalcon
You are similar to me. Just fill your country of birth

Raptor33

May 10, 2020

@legalfalcon

If you have never held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada, you should answer "No" to this question. Tourist/visitor visas do not grant immigration or citizenship status, so they are not relevant to this question.

If you are unable to provide documentation for your tourist/visitor visas, you can still answer "No" to this question. The IRCC understands that it may be difficult to obtain documentation for visas that were issued many years ago. However, if you are able to provide any documentation, such as old passports or travel records, it is helpful to do so.

ifunkyk

Jan 16, 2018
Hello everyone. I just applied yesterday. Fingers crossed. :)
My original application was paper in November 2022.
Was canceled on may 31 2023 for wrong physical appearance of my wife.
that was so disappointing to get canceled after 8 months and have aor and background completion.
I also find this what's up link
https://chat.whatsapp.com/Ky4cAXwGVCQ3oposUzvWNC
Hi,

may I know what do you mean by wrong physical appearance?

thanks.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi,

may I know what do you mean by wrong physical appearance?

thanks.
Our application was at 8th month and suddenly a short email arrived that said my wife physical presence in canada was calculated wrong and therefore all our applications are canceled and we can apply again. As simple and vage as it seems.

EwieCanada

Jun 13, 2023
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1113 & 1115
Application: Family (2 Adults)
Application sent: June 12, 2023
Delivered: June 12, 2023