+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Do you know the distinctions between primary, secondary, and event offices in a GMCS file? Also, could you explain the concept of the "Application Assignment Due Date"?

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Right now the Google sheets tracker measures it as per the test date. But some people say it even depends on when the background check was completed. It is definitely not according to the application submission date.

Anyways, IRCC is a bit unpredictable
Some applications are moving very fast and some others are slower
Thank you. Appreciate your response.

Reactions: AnonyKaty

walter_white

Aug 30, 2019
Any idea on receiving oath ceremony invitation depends on application submit date or the date citizenship test is completed?
?
"
In most cases, the ceremony takes place 4 to 6 months after you pass the citizenship test.

If you passed the test and don’t receive the ceremony invitation within 6 months

• your application may be non-routine
  • we may need more information, documents, or time to review your application
"

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
I received the Email with instructions to download the E-Certificate.
The question is I asked for a paper Certificate when I applied and still received this email, why?
Anyone with the same experience? What was the outcome?

Reactions: mehranjadoon

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
The question is I asked for a paper Certificate when I applied and still received this email, why?
Check your oath email it would have the details. Mostly it will say to ignore the email.
If your oath ceremony is e-certificate only they will give you an option to reschedule. Niagara falls usually follows that.

Reactions: $Navi$

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
At this point it is automated. So I'm sure you will still be able to get a paper certificate.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Check your oath email it would have the details. Mostly it will say to ignore the email.
If your oath ceremony is e-certificate only they will give you an option to reschedule. Niagara Falls usually follows that.
Genuinely I don't know the difference between an E-certificate and a paper one or their pros and cons. What makes people choose one over another? I chose paper one because it feels more realistic to me, but don't mind the other way around.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Genuinely I don't know the difference between an E-certificate and a paper one or their pros and cons. What makes people choose one over another? I chose paper one because it feels more realistic to me, but don't mind the other way around.
E-certificate is faster to get. Paper comes via normal post and there is no tracking. If u misplace paper, getting a new one is time consuming.

Many like the feel and quality of paper one. Also it comes with a welcome letter from the PM. It acts as a memorabilia which is missing in e-certificate.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
E-certificate is faster to get. Paper comes via normal post and there is no tracking. If u misplace paper, getting a new one is time consuming.

Many like the feel and quality of paper one. Also it comes with a welcome letter from the PM. It acts as a memorabilia which is missing in e-certificate.
Makes sense. Thank you very much for the brief explanation.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Do you know the distinctions between primary, secondary, and event offices in a GMCS file? Also, could you explain the concept of the "Application Assignment Due Date"?
As it states, the primary office: is the one that actually receives your file, sends you AOR and works on the application and makes the final decision.
Secondary: is the one who helps the primary office to get the job done, like sending document requests, FP requests, PCC, and many more.
Event Office: is the one who are responsible for managing events like tests, interviews, oath Ceremonies and scheduling them as well.
Application assignment due date: can be the same as AOR, because that's when someone actually get assigned to work on a file.

That's just my opinion but someone with experience can explain better.

Last edited:

Harpku

Mar 28, 2023
Did anyone from Vancouver office get oath invites? My tracker hasn’t updated since sept 7, last update I received was when my background and citizenship were updated to completed.