+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Quick question people, for those that have taken the test, do you receive an email after the test containing your score, or its only the score seen after taking the test? Are we suppose to get an email after the test?

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Quick question people, for those that have taken the test, do you receive an email after the test containing your score, or its only the score seen after taking the test? Are we suppose to get an email after the test?
You can choose to email yourself the results at the end of the test. There will be a button to get an email on the last page.

Anusuna

Jul 29, 2023
My citizenship test is between 28 aug to 17 September but I have not got any test invitation link yet
what should I do in this case need suggestions please thanks

Reactions: ishpiringkiting

ishpiringkiting

Jan 11, 2012
My citizenship test is between 28 aug to 17 September but I have not got any test invitation link yet
what should I do in this case need suggestions please thanks
Hi, this is what you see in the tracker I’m just posting it here:

If you see on the Citizenship Tracker that you’ve been asked to take a citizenship test or participate in an interview, hearing or ceremony, but you haven’t received an official invitation from us yet, we might still be planning your event. Your invitation is the official confirmation.

If you haven’t gotten it 6 calendar days before the event, check your junk mail folder and contact our Client Support Centre to make sure we have the right contact information for you

Hope this helps. This is a copy-paste from my tracker.

Reactions: splashyygirl

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
My test was scheduled for August 25 - September 14th. I didn't receive the email until August 21st within the 6 days window. Prepare for the test. You will receive the email with instructions soon.

Bruno1808

Star Member
Feb 22, 2020
Did you see the "test scheduled for Aug 25 - September 14 "in your online tracker before august 21? Still waiting for test scheduling/invite and I am worrying about studying for the test and being ready
My test was scheduled for August 25 - September 14th. I didn't receive the email until August 21st within the 6 days window. Prepare for the test. You will receive the email with instructions soon.

Reactions: splashyygirl

splashyygirl

Star Member
May 31, 2017
Did you see the "test scheduled for Aug 25 - September 14 "in your online tracker before august 21? Still waiting for test scheduling/invite and I am worrying about studying for the test and being ready
Yes I saw it on the tracker

sach0408

Star Member
Mar 9, 2020
I got a fingerprint request and submitted them on 22nd August. How long does it take that to reflect on the portal and the background verification to be complete?

**My timeline**
Physical Presence Days: 1202
Application: Single
Mode: Online
Application submitted: 2023-06-25
AOR: 2023-07-25
Fingerprint request: 2023-08-18
Fingerprint submitted: 2023-08-22
Background verification: In progress

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
HI , do I have to take my PR landing document also to Oath including PR card or just my physical PR card is enough?
Congratulations on reaching the Oath stage,
What to bring
When you come to the ceremony, bring:

• your ceremony notice
  • a signed copy of the Permission Release and Consent form (included with the notice)
  • permanent resident card if you have one (even if it’s expired) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM5292 or IMM5688)
  • Record of Landing (IMM 1000) if you became a permanent resident before June 28, 2002
  • 2 pieces of personal identification (ID)
    • one piece of ID must have your photograph and signature, for example: driver’s licence, health card or permanent resident card
    • foreign ID documents must be government-issued, Canadian ones don’t need to be government-issued
    • if they’re not in English or French, you must provide a translation with an affidavit from the translator
    • minors are not required to show identification with a signature
  • all your passports and travel documents, current and expired, that you listed on the application form
  • optional: a holy book, of your choice, if you want to use one to swear the Oath of Citizenship
Extracted from : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html

Ramamfm

Aug 26, 2021
I got a fingerprint request and submitted them on 22nd August. How long does it take that to reflect on the portal and the background verification to be complete?

**My timeline**
Physical Presence Days: 1202
Application: Single
Mode: Online
Application submitted: 2023-06-25
AOR: 2023-07-25
Fingerprint request: 2023-08-18
Fingerprint submitted: 2023-08-22
Background verification: In progress
For me it took exact 2 weeks. Submitted FP on 12-Aug and updated in tracker on 26-Aug - BG completed