+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Not mb580, also interested in this part as well. I did online application but all parts where passport scan is required, the application only asked for Bio page.
Hi @tppeng88 - Could you share if you submitted only the bio pages or all of the pages? Did you run into any issues? The problem is that the scan of the entire document is just too big and if I use lower quality then it becomes hard to read.

Chrislo77

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi @tppeng88 - Could you share if you submitted only the bio pages or all of the pages? Did you run into any issues? The problem is that the scan of the entire document is just too big and if I use lower quality then it becomes hard to read.
Do not make your application complex.
All you need are the biodata pages of the passports.
With the passport numbers shown on the biodata page, they can easily pull records of your exit and entry to Canada and then check to match the dates you provided. So, scanning stamped pages on passport is unnecessary.

dddimok

Jun 17, 2019
Please update my statistics.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1400
Application: Single
Application sent: Jun 19, 2023
Delivered: Jun 19, 2023
AOR: Jul 19, 2023
In process ECAS: Jul 21, 2023
Citizenship test invite: Aug 3, 2023
Background verification completed: Aug 9, 2023
Citizenship test window: Aug 11, 2023 - Aug 31, 23
Citizenship test taken: Aug 18, 2023

born2rule

May 7, 2023
How are the offices decided?

I am neat mississauga but still got a different office.. so is it not according to location?

And do you know processing speed of all offices?
Unfortunately, I have no clue how they are decided but I would guess depending on where you are and the workload of that office.

No idea about the processing times at various offices, it varies time to time

ishpiringkiting

Jan 11, 2012
Update on my status:

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1410
Application: Family of 3
Application sent: June 2023
Delivered: June 2023
Email received from IRCC: June 18 2023
Did not receive AOR
Citizenship test invite: August 16 2023
Citizenship test window: August 17 2023 - September 7 2023
Citizenship test taken: August 19 2023

Reactions: splashyygirl

NM2018

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Status update.

Type: online application
Physical Presence Days: 1485
Application: single
Application sent: June 4 2023
AOR July 6 2023
Background completed July 22 2023
Citizenship test invite: July 24 2023
Citizenship test taken: August 16 2023
Citizenship test completed status: August 19 2023
LPP: in progress

tppeng88

Jul 19, 2018
Exactly my thought process, I’ve also not left the country for longer than 1 week or 2 during PP Validation so I doubt it’d be an issue. Online application only asked for Bio page, only Bio page was uploaded. I merely found interesting where I was asked to submit Bio page in two different steps.

With the passport numbers shown on the biodata page, they can easily pull records of your exit and entry to Canada and then check to match the dates you provided. So, scanning stamped pages on passport is unnecessary.

Suhas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Nomination.....
VO: BWJ
AOR Received.
11-11-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
July 07, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 05, 2015
Interview........
Passport Submitted: Sep 08, 2015
Passport Req..
Sep 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2015
LANDED..........
Passports received back: Sep 14, 2015
Hi, 3 queries if any one can answer regarding citizenship test

1. During citizenship test, would you get to know the Correct or wrong answer once you submit answer for particular question or its only after you complete 20 questions?
2. My wife is not that computer literate so is it ok if i help her for uploading the photo/ID etc. Not sure when recording start working
3. Can we skip some questions and move back to next and come back again to skipped questions.

Thanks

Jigsx

Jul 13, 2023
Hi, 3 queries if any one can answer regarding citizenship test

1. During citizenship test, would you get to know the Correct or wrong answer once you submit answer for particular question or its only after you complete 20 questions?
2. My wife is not that computer literate so is it ok if i help her for uploading the photo/ID etc. Not sure when recording start working
3. Can we skip some questions and move back to next and come back again to skipped questions.

Thanks
1. It won’t show what you got right or wrong. It will only display your score.
2.Yes you can help her for the photos. After this step make sure she’s the only one in the frame when she clicks “start the test”. Thumbnail of the camera will show up on the lower right as soon as she clicks on that
3. I don’t remember if there was a skip button but you can definitely review the answers and change them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/test-page.html

Suhas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Nomination.....
VO: BWJ
AOR Received.
11-11-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
July 07, 2015
Med's Done....
Aug 05, 2015
Interview........
Passport Submitted: Sep 08, 2015
Passport Req..
Sep 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 03, 2015
LANDED..........
Passports received back: Sep 14, 2015
1. It won’t show what you got right or wrong. It will only display your score.
2.Yes you can help her for the photos. After this step make sure she’s the only one in the frame when she clicks “start the test”. Thumbnail of the camera will show up on the lower right as soon as she clicks on that
3. I don’t remember if there was a skip button but you can definitely review the answers and change them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/test-page.html
Thanks alot. What is this score about?

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Yes I would agree with this but I also saw a couple posts saying that this could potentially delay the process because the officer would eventually ask for it as well. I just wanted to see if this is your experience as well (that is, is there any upside uploading the whole passport book in the first place)? Thanks!

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Exactly my thought process, I’ve also not left the country for longer than 1 week or 2 during PP Validation so I doubt it’d be an issue. Online application only asked for Bio page, only Bio page was uploaded. I merely found interesting where I was asked to submit Bio page in two different steps.
Thanks for the input. In your experience - has IRCC later requested the whole passport book pages to be submitted (after they started processing your application)? Thanks!