June 2023 - Citizenship Applications

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Hi
I hope you are well.
May I ask you who requested you the travel
Record from CBSA?
Should we do it now?
I am waiting for LPP from November and my wife is waiting for prohibition from jan
hello,
Basically I applied after 1096 days and I had one visit outside of Canada just for 20 days. I did include that in the calculation but the immigration wants to ensure if I lied or made a mistake in my physical presence calculation and request ICES, which is the request for my travel record from CBSA.
I only found out about this from my GCMS notes. As in one of the notes they forgot to redact this information and the officer wrote a note on my file "ICES requested due to low physical presence."
They requested this information on 3rd January 2024, so it's almost 3 months. One person told in another group that it took CBSA 4 months to respond to ICES request made by his immigration officer.
I don't think we can do anything. Just wait and watch.

• Sad
Reactions: Jalalcananda

mrdmiust

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Many thanks for your response.
I also had a travel more than 3 times and I guess I have the same issue. I though that we are able to submit it ourselves and send the letter to the immigration.
It is weird why they already made Physical presence and Language green for my wife and she is just waiting for prohibition. but for me LPP still remained!

hello,
Basically I applied after 1096 days and I had one visit outside of Canada just for 20 days. I did include that in the calculation but the immigration wants to ensure if I lied or made a mistake in my physical presence calculation and request ICES, which is the request for my travel record from CBSA.
I only found out about this from my GCMS notes. As in one of the notes they forgot to redact this information and the officer wrote a note on my file "ICES requested due to low physical presence."
They requested this information on 3rd January 2024, so it's almost 3 months. One person told in another group that it took CBSA 4 months to respond to ICES request made by his immigration officer.
I don't think we can do anything. Just wait and watch.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
First, congratulations.
Second may I know when is your AOR and also test completed?
Also, if it is Ok, please share the timeline.
How did you get your PR?
Thank you. The aor was July 12
Bg was July 19
Test August 7
Then nothing until
March 26
It was a long wait.
Now waiting for ceremony

Reactions: mehranjadoon

Dreamer4

Mar 19, 2023
Hello

I would like to know if any of you guys have successfully tried to request for an in-person oath ceremony and how long it took to get one scheduled.
Particularly, I was wondering if the invite for an in-person ceremony will delay the timeline much more than deciding to attend the virtual ceremony on zoom.

Thanks!
if they offer virtual and you let them know you want in person instead it could be a couple of weeks or 6 months for them to reschedule.