+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JUNE 2021 *Outland* Spousal Sponsorship

Ajvayani

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
If your wife only recently relocated to Canada (before submission) they may be looking at the employment history and other factors. Only a guess.
Are there any days she meant to be there to be eligible for sponsorship? As per my research there is nothing like that.

Tall ganesh

Aug 15, 2017
Hi All, Experts need your advice ! I am sponsoring my wife who lives in India for a PR through online application. Most of the forms in the application are web form that can be completed in the portal itself. But few forms like IMM1344, IMM5532, IMM5476 are in the form of PDFs that needs to be downloaded and filled in, which also requires sign of Sponsor and principal applicant on it. my question is do we have to sign these forms, because they say that online applications does not require manual signature as there is an option for the principal applicant to sign electronically at the end of the online application. but what about sponsor ? so can i fill the above PDF forms in computer itself and upload without signature ? or i have to print, sign, scan and upload them ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Are there any days she meant to be there to be eligible for sponsorship? As per my research there is nothing like that.
Sponsor to be resident in Canada throughout the process - see above. If they want to check that, or financials, or whatever, they can.

Don't know the dates, but if any doubt at all that the sponsor is not in compliance with residency obligation, they can spend time looking at that.

arikca

Aug 4, 2021
I've sent in mine on 2021-11-22 but no update since.. Most people in sheet that are this far in the process appear to have had pretty fast turn around times for passport step. (avg. 1 wk)

VFS did provide one tracking update after receiving:: Your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXX has been dispatched to the IRCC Office,on Mon Nov 22 2021 for processing. Vfs & IRCC do not respond to emails, I would like my passport "back" in a few weeks for a trip I have to do ;-)

Anybody else here that has sent in passport after receiving RFV and still waiting for it to be returned?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I've sent in mine on 2021-11-22 but no update since.. Most people in sheet that are this far in the process appear to have had pretty fast turn around times for passport step. (avg. 1 wk)

VFS did provide one tracking update after receiving:: Your application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXX has been dispatched to the IRCC Office,on Mon Nov 22 2021 for processing. Vfs & IRCC do not respond to emails, I would like my passport "back" in a few weeks for a trip I have to do ;-)

Anybody else here that has sent in passport after receiving RFV and still waiting for it to be returned?
You haven't mentioned which VFS office.

pav_delta

Sep 17, 2020
Anyone who applied for the Visitor Visa after SA. What is the average time to hear back the response. I applied like 2 weeks ago.

zuhkey

Mar 6, 2021

Processing time depends on the IRCC office they sent your passport to. For example my VFS informed me the average processing time is at least 1 month.(Strange thing is my VO is London VO, but for passport processing, they sent my passport to Abu Dhabi ? Lol very strange) However, I received it after 2 weeks. I think if the IRCC office is far from your current address then yeah it may take some time. We all know London VO is one of the busiest VO. Just relax, you'll get it soon :)

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
they sent my passport to Abu Dhabi ? Lol very strange
That's normal. Not all offices can do all types of applications. But most offices can print visas. That's why your application can be processed somewhere and your visa is normally done where it's close to you. As far as I remember Abu Dhabi only does visitor visas, student visas, and such applications. Not spousal sponsorship.

Reactions: armoured

pav_delta

Sep 17, 2020
Anyone who applied for the Visitor Visa after SA. What is the average time to hear back the response. I applied like 2 weeks ago.
Just got the refusal on the visitor vis with generic old 179 b reason. I am devastated. I thought that once you have SA they will approve under family reunification

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Just got the refusal on the visitor vis with generic old 179 b reason. I am devastated. I thought that once you have SA they will approve under family reunification
Of course no. The requirements of the visitor visa do not change depending on your other applications. You still have to meet all the usual requirements of the visitor visa.

pav_delta

Sep 17, 2020
Of course no. The requirements of the visitor visa do not change depending on your other applications. You still have to meet all the usual requirements of the visitor visa.
I have friends who got approved after SA. The new portal is specially made for such situations for people to apply

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I have friends who got approved after SA. The new portal is specially made for such situations for people to apply
Getting approved after SA and because of SA are two different things. Can you show an official source that guarantees a visit visa in the way you are describing? I don't think even the new portal says that, but I could be mistaken.