+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

sahinriza

Jul 11, 2017
I just attended the citizenship ceremony and the officer has told me there is no way to personally pick up the citizenship certificate. I will have to wait for Canada Post. (I traveled outside of Canada only for 2 weeks).

Is there anyone recently received the certificate and can tell how long it did take?

PS. I have just activated Canada Post Autmatic Tracking. Hope to receive it soon, sooner than I expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wandering Mind

maverick_07

Jul 2, 2018
Please update the tracker -

Type: Paper App
Physical Presence Days: 1120
Application: Single
Application sent: June 22, 2021
Delivered: June 25, 2021
AOR: September 24th, 2021
In Process ECAS - November 12th, 2021
Test Invite - June 20th, 2022
Test updated to complete - July 7th, 2022
Decision Made (Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions) - October 28th 2022

bakshivishal

May 6, 2014
I just attended the citizenship ceremony and the officer has told me there is no way to personally pick up the citizenship certificate. I will have to wait for Canada Post. (I traveled outside of Canada only for 2 weeks).

Is there anyone recently received the certificate and can tell how long it did take?

PS. I have just activated Canada Post Autmatic Tracking. Hope to receive it soon, sooner than I expected.
I had my ceremony on 17th Oct. still waiting for certificate or new tracker to change to complete.

highbreed22

Star Member
Jun 17, 2021
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
FAM
I finally had my ceremony today. Lets see how long it will take to get the certificate. I wish you all good luck and hope you all get the chance to cut your PR cards and celebrate it very soon.
Hello! Congratulations! Can you please update me? We have the same processing office, and I will have my oath on November 8. Thank you!!

Reactions: CGGuy

sahinriza

Jul 11, 2017
I had my ceremony on 17th Oct. still waiting for certificate or new tracker to change to complete.
Are you also registered at the SCR office? I am sorry to hear that and hope you will hear back from them soon. I assume you have e-mailed the oath form after the ceremony.
The tracker has been updated this morning as to show the application status is CLOSED.

CGGuy

Jan 18, 2019
Burnaby, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2021
File Transfer...
17-10-2018
Hello! Congratulations! Can you please update me? We have the same processing office, and I will have my oath on November 8. Thank you!!
I just got my e-cas status changed to complete. Last note saying "You became a Canadian citizen on October 31, 2022.

Tom8084

Oct 22, 2022
I have my Oath scheduled in tracker. Below is my timeline

Office: Saskatoon IRCC
Application received: 28 June, 2021
AOR: 23 Sep, 2021
Fingerprint Req: 05 Jan, 2022
Test Updated as Complete: 21 Mar, 2022
Phy Presence, Prohibition, language completed: 18 Oct, 2022
Oath: Scheduled for Oath in tracker for 18 Nov, 2022. However haven't received Official email with time and virtual Oath link

Can any 1 advice when may I have official Oath email? Is it just 1 week before? What to do if I don't have the Oath email?

Reactions: radwes

Tom8084

Oct 22, 2022
Also would like to know if the Citizenship certificate is received by Canada Post or any other courier. I have my mailbox tampered, just worried if the postman will hand over directly and require sign?
Can we apply for passport after Oath immediately without Citizenship certificate?

Any way we can expedite Citizenship certificate?

sahinriza

Jul 11, 2017
Also would like to know if the Citizenship certificate is received by Canada Post or any other courier. I have my mailbox tampered, just worried if the postman will hand over directly and require sign?
Can we apply for passport after Oath immediately without Citizenship certificate?

When you receive the Oath invitation e-mail, reply back to them including that you need an urgent certificate with a valid reason.

Before the ceremony you will register with the guidance of an officer. Tell them if you could personally pick up the certificate from the IRCC office. (It actually did not work for me - Scarborough office).

You cannot apply for the passport without the certificate as it is a required document for the application.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport.html

Last edited:

Sud Malhotra

Sep 21, 2021
I just got an update on my file about the Interview scheduled, but no information was received by email for the appointment details. How are these interviews are conducted these days, virtually or in-person?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

The certificate is sent by Canada Post and left in your mailbox, rolled up if necessary. They do not require signature. However, if you request urgent certificate, I think they use Purolator.

sahinriza

Jul 11, 2017
I just received the Citizenship Certificate yesterday. I see it was mailed one day after the oath date (pretty fast) and it took 2days from SCR office to Toronto.
This morning I went to passport office at 74 Victoria St. Everyone was pretty helpful and I will hopefully pick up my passport on 9th of November, 1 day before my flight.
They also want to see the flight ticket and note down the flight date/time and flight number.