Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I actually have replied to that email with an extremely polite question whether I could do something to help with the process - no response whatsoever, not even a generic one..
I just remember reading about the case of someone whose security screening appeared to pending for 9 months in GCMS notes due to screening by CSIS, but it turned out that the security screening request had not actually been sent out by IRCC due to a system glitch:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-my-application-lost-forgotten-by-ircc-csis.769999/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2021-citizenship-applications.730964/post-10152549

apparently this person found out about this after making an ATIP request to CSIS, which apparently you can do here, although there is a $5 charge:
https://www.canada.ca/en/security-intelligence-service/services/security-screening-for-immigration-and-citizenship-applications.html
For those who are stuck for too long in security screening, it could be worth making a request, even if it is just to see what information CSIS has about you.

CGGuy

Jan 18, 2019
Burnaby, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2021
File Transfer...
17-10-2018
We just (Sept 29, 2022) got our Language, Physical Presence, Prohibitions status changed to completed and DM from ECAS Online. We didn't get an interview request after the test somehow.

My timeline wasn't added to the sheet but still wanted to share it here. Waiting for OATH ceremony date now.

Last edited:

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
I just remember reading about the case of someone whose security screening appeared to pending for 9 months in GCMS notes due to screening by CSIS, but it turned out that the security screening request had not actually been sent out by IRCC due to a system glitch:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-my-application-lost-forgotten-by-ircc-csis.769999/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2021-citizenship-applications.730964/post-10152549

apparently this person found out about this after making an ATIP request to CSIS, which apparently you can do here, although there is a $5 charge:
https://www.canada.ca/en/security-intelligence-service/services/security-screening-for-immigration-and-citizenship-applications.html
For those who are stuck for too long in security screening, it could be worth making a request, even if it is just to see what information CSIS has about you.
This is a great tip, thank you! Already submitted. Too bad it is in the "legacy system", so I won't be able to track its status online... Let's see.

Reactions: trumprefugee

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Received update on ECAS of oath ceremony and a note to follow instructions sent but haven’t received anything so far. Is this normal or should I contact them?

The note excerpt below

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on October 13, 2022.

Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:

• how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.

Reactions: sugaredfects

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Received update on ECAS of oath ceremony and a note to follow instructions sent but haven’t received anything so far. Is this normal or should I contact them?

The note excerpt below

You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on October 13, 2022.

Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:

• how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.
Congrats! Yes that is normal. When the oath email arrives depends on your processing office, but if you do not receive it within 2-3 days before your scheduled date, you should email your processing office.

ephy

Jul 14, 2016
New Brunswick
OK, I presume you mean this webform: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
But it says specifically:
"You may use this form if your application has exceeded normal processing times".
Is our processing time 12 months - as when we applied, or is it the current 26 months?
Yes. I used that link.
I don't really remember the processing time when we applied last June 2021.
I sent the webform on Sep.9 and they sent an email on Sep. 28.

"Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible and we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible."

and so on....

On the same day, my tracker- Citizenship Ceremony was updated to In progress.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I guess I'll give it a try then.. Thank you!
The processing time was definitely 12 months when we applied. I remember clearly. It was earlier this year that they updated it to 27 months .... just found some links. The update was around March 31, 2022:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2021-citizenship-applicants.737810/post-10029049
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/post-10033839

Some lazy agents will just send a canned reply that your application has not reached 27 months, but others will actually try to be helpful and look into your file. Yeah, give it a try, and hopefully a helpful one will reply!

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
The processing time was definitely 12 months when we applied. I remember clearly. It was earlier this year that they updated it to 27 months .... just found some links. The update was around March 31, 2022:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/july-2021-citizenship-applicants.737810/post-10029049
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/september-2020-citizenship-applicants.700718/post-10033839

Some lazy agents will just send a canned reply that your application has not reached 27 months, but others will actually try to be helpful and look into your file. Yeah, give it a try, and hopefully a helpful one will reply!
Your enquiry has been successfully submitted. We will get back to you with answers to your questions as soon as possible. If your application is within normal processing times you will not receive a reply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Thank You.

I have no expectations whatsoever, but let's see..

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Your enquiry has been successfully submitted. We will get back to you with answers to your questions as soon as possible. If your application is within normal processing times you will not receive a reply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. Thank You.

I have no expectations whatsoever, but let's see..
"If your application is within normal processing times you will not receive a reply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"
Great excuse for not replying ... :confused: hopefully you will get a nicer agent who will actually do something and respond

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
"If your application is within normal processing times you will not receive a reply from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"
Great excuse for not replying ... :confused: hopefully you will get a nicer agent who will actually do something and respond
Yeah.. Hope is all I have left.

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
“Normal processing time” - what a joke and a sham. They can change the processing time whenever they please without any explanation and no transparency during the whole process. I am sorry, but the 2 years processing timeframe is a joke. They should be ashamed of themselves and their inefficiency.

radwes

Star Member
Apr 10, 2022
After two days, I got this auto-response:

Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed. We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.
If you have an application in process, you can:

Our agents do not have access to more information about your case status or processing times than you can access online. The processing office will contact you if further information is needed.

Reactions: trumprefugee

xt86

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
My oath ceremony was yesterday (oct 4th) and today the tracker shows citzenship ceremony as completed, although the overall application status is still "in progress". For the children everything still shows in progress, except "prohibitions" that changed to completed today. Is that normal ?

Reactions: radwes

xt86

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
My oath ceremony was yesterday (oct 4th) and today the tracker shows citzenship ceremony as completed, although the overall application status is still "in progress". For the children everything still shows in progress, except "prohibitions" that changed to completed today. Is that normal ?
Actually today the tracker shows case closed for everyone - myself and the children. Also, during the ceremony, I requested to pick up my certificate in person due to upcoming travel, so I picked it up today. I was told the children's certificates were mailed out, since I only request urgent processing for my certificate.

Please update the spreadsheet:
Decision Made Sep/13
Oath Invite Sep/14
Oath Ceremony Oct/4