+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I have a question if I asked the officer during the oath that I need the certificate urgent how he will send it , by mail or I have to pick it up

FutureCandian

Dec 18, 2014
Guys I have a question if I asked the officer during the oath that I need the certificate urgent how he will send it , by mail or I have to pick it up
It is by default by mail but I've seen people on this forum who said that they could pick it up after making a strong appeal during the oath session. So you might as well try but it might not work and you might need to wait for the mail.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I picked up mine with no problem whatsoever. During registration, I was asked if I wanted to pick it up or receive it by mail. I sent an email before the oath and repeated the request during registration so they hardly asked why I needed the certificate urgently.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I picked up mine with no problem whatsoever. During registration, I was asked if I wanted to pick it up or receive it by mail. I sent an email before the oath and repeated the request during registration so they hardly asked why I needed the certificate urgently.
This is good to know, thanks.

Reactions: Rsquare

Diaa ABDULLAT

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
Hi Experts
Kindly advise for the following. I received the ceremony invitation for my family and me on Spetmepr 14th. However, on September 3rd, my son will move to another province to join his university for the first year. So my question is, can he attend the ceremony online with us using the same invitation email or what?
Please any suggestions

PRAHADEESH

Dec 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

I am sure there a lot of folks like me who are preparing to submit their citizenship application in June. With that being said, I did some readings and decided to open this thread a bit ahead of time so we can start exchanging information and support each other throughout this long process/journey as it seems to be taking at least 18 to 24 months for most of us.

Here is the link that has the timelines of the applicants ahead of us in 2021: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=1316748968
2020 applicants': https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U27V95kWlCVYWB0zye7DvqoXSkyqxgbA31eEJ_TKO6Y/edit#gid=2093304809

You may submit your application either:
  1. by paper: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-adults.html (submitted either by regular mail or expedited courier) or
  2. by online: https://citapply-citdemande.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/landing
On the timelines provided above, you can see that paper applicants have been getting their AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt - the very 1st step of the application process confirming that IRCC has your application) at least 3 to 5 months ahead of the online applicants, which is quite contrary to popular belief considering the COVID-19 protocols are in place. I too used to think that online was much faster and convenient but after reading the timelines, I am now convinced to submit mine by paper. Apparently there is a huge backlog with the online applications, and as far as I can see on the 2020 timelines, there are only 2 online applicants from early January who just received their AORs after 4 and a half months, while average paper applicants are getting theirs after 2 months or less.

So moving forward, please feel free to share your thoughts and exchange information, and good luck to you all!
do you have spreadsheet link for 2022 on citizenship status

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hi Experts
Kindly advise for the following. I received the ceremony invitation for my family and me on Spetmepr 14th. However, on September 3rd, my son will move to another province to join his university for the first year. So my question is, can he attend the ceremony online with us using the same invitation email or what?
Please any suggestions
You all can take the oath anywhere in Canada. Your son should be able to connect using the same link but put his seat number as his name in zoom. The rest of you would connect together and put your seat numbers in your zoom name. But reply to the oath invitation email to confirm.

And congratulations! Which office sent you the oath invite? Mine is also September 14, Niagara Falls office.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

Diaa ABDULLAT

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
You all can take the oath anywhere in Canada. Your son should be able to connect using the same link but put his seat number as his name in zoom. The rest of you would connect together and put your seat numbers in your zoom name. But reply to the oath invitation email to confirm.

And congratulations! Which office sent you the oath invite? Mine is also September 14, Niagara Falls office.
Thank you for your reply
I did not receive the email yet, just in the tracker. I will confirm with my office once I receive the email. Kindly I did not understand the seat number as his name in zoom.
Thanks

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thank you for your reply
I did not receive the email yet, just in the tracker. I will confirm with my office once I receive the email. Kindly I did not understand the seat number as his name in zoom.
Thanks
Each of you should receive an email with a PDF attachment containing all the details, including zoom link, date and time, seat number, and instructions. Each person receives a seat number. When we connect in zoom, we will need to set our name in zoom to our assigned seat number. Family members who are physically in the same place can connect on one computer, and they would put all of their seat numbers in their zoom name. Since your son will not be with the rest of you, he will connect separately and put just his seat number as his zoom name.

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hi all.
Please help I need some clarification. I am applying for my 1st Canadaian passport. In the passport application form it asks to state any previous travel document. Is PR card considered a travel document whose details need to mentioned here?