+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2021 - Citizenship Applicants

Vaan

Aug 15, 2022
No, not unless its an emergency.
there is death of my mother in law in my family, i m here because of my work but m unable to come back in 6 months after November. I still have valid pr card , I don’t know they count my application as urgent or not and what type of proof they need from me??

Rsquare

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
there is death of my mother in law in my family, i m here because of my work but m unable to come back in 6 months after November. I still have valid pr card , I don’t know they count my application as urgent or not and what type of proof they need from me??
———————-
From the website:

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:
  • needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.

*If you can travel using your current passport, they will probably not consider it urgent. But you can always try. Having a ticket is probably not enough.

Reactions: Vaan and Mischa90

Mischa90

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
I emailed the office that sent me the test invitation asking if there was an option expedite the ceremony as I had travel plans. My situation wasn't urgent so I was denied. I can't speak of what they may request from you in terms of proof. Perhaps a copy of the death certificate...?

Vaan

Aug 15, 2022
I emailed the office that sent me the test invitation asking if there was an option expedite the ceremony as I had travel plans. My situation wasn't urgent so I was denied. I can't speak of what they may request from you in terms of proof. Perhaps a copy of the death certificate...?
Thank you

Reactions: Mischa90

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
With regards to the certificate, yes. I did two things (1) I emailed them before the oath (using the email add they used to send me the citizenship ceremony invitation) and (2) Mentioned during registration (for the oath) that I had asked for urgent release of the certificate. They confirmed that they got my email.

In my case, I chose to pick the certificate up rather than be mailed to me.

Passport is another story altogether. There is urgent processing. The website will give you all the details you need. Please note that passport is being handled by a different department than the ones doing the Citizenship oath.

All the best.
Except for fingerprints request, my timeline is similar to yours - after my background check was completed in January and my citizenship test was marked as complete in July, I've had no other updates. Everything else is either in progress or not started.

harleenkaur01

Jul 25, 2022
Hi everyone, is there anyone who took the oath from DNMBSKCITCEREMONIES office on 10th August 2022 and still waiting for citizenship certificate?