+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 **Outland** Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The website is a bit wonky but instructions are there:
Two-way courier service : Due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, the Visa Application Centre is only accepting applications for biometrics exempt applicants via the courier service offered by the VAC. All passports will also only be returned using the courier services offered by the Visa Application Centre.. To avail this service, please write to vfsshippinglabels@vfsglobal.com (For New York VAC) or shippinglabelsla@vfsglobal.com (For Los Angeles VAC) by following the laid down process in “How to apply ” page of this website.

I believe the response to email will give instricrions on how to pay.

Or follow the instructions above and contact them directly

Reactions: nehaprasad14

sujita

Jun 21, 2020
Nepal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ndvo
AOR Received.
22-12-2020
File Transfer...
22-12-2020
Med's Request
22-12-2020
Med's Done....
04-02-2021
Hello guys we received pre-arrivals today, hope you guys also get through this quicker.

Bathyy

Nov 23, 2021
Good evening , I am in process of doing the paper for my wife(spousal application) and one the last paperwork I need is her police report. She live in Sri Lanka, and the central police department is asking who the report should be addressed to. I wasn't sure if it's for IRRC or just the government of Canada .

zuhkey

Mar 6, 2021
Good evening , I am in process of doing the paper for my wife(spousal application) and one the last paperwork I need is her police report. She live in Sri Lanka, and the central police department is asking who the report should be addressed to. I wasn't sure if it's for IRRC or just the government of Canada .
I believe it should be the address of the office you'll be sending to , I'm guessing the office address in Sydney, Nova Scotia

kanchi patel

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Hi ,
So my spouse finally landed on 3 oct 2021 and was informed by the officer that PR card will be mailed to the address within 4-5 weeks. He wasn’t given any application number nor any handout with any information. We been trying to track down the application but can’t link it to his CIC account. The ircc agents are saying it’s not in their hand they cant see any updates regarding PR card if it was done at the border. I have filled numerous web forms because the normal processing time as of now is 56 days and ours has passed over that. He needs to travel to India in January and we need to know what to do in this case, we have heard about PRTD but dont know the exact process or processing time so are unsure if we should apply from now :/
Has anyone been in similar situation?
Any advice will be highly appreciated …

John2021

Oct 25, 2021
Yes, then definitely approach the MP now and request they look into it more.
So the MP replied yesterday and said that the VO is waiting for an interview, the VO is understaffed so no plans for now to do the interview (maybe after few months)

The GCMS notes have been requested, but still not received (it was requested 39 days ago)
I hope the notes will reveal why an interview is needed

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So the MP replied yesterday and said that the VO is waiting for an interview, the VO is understaffed so no plans for now to do the interview (maybe after few months)

The GCMS notes have been requested, but still not received (it was requested 39 days ago)
Have you applied for a trv?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

As before, follow-up with the MP after, say, a month. Maybe less. Keep doing so. You can and should rais ethe question, how can they have such a delay for interviews? Time for govt to fix it.

And make sure you and your spouse can be reached at whatever contacts you have provided.

When you get gcms notes, if you can tell why the intervew requested (eg relationship), try providing them with more information, pictures, ongoing communications, anything you can to hep them decide an interview is not needed.

And as I hinted, try applying for TRV as well. Might get refused, but might also get lucky and/or dislodge your original app.

John2021

Oct 25, 2021
Yes, I applied for a TRV, but no news yet (also submitted about 40 days ago, status is still "submitted" )
I currently have come to visit my wife and I have the proof pictures of all the trips/daily outing/vacation in resorts of the past few months.
So if the gcms notes show a need for additional relationship proof, I will send all those evidences

From the ircc gckey account, is there a way to provide these proofs in advance, before any interview is fixed ?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I currently have come to visit my wife and I have the proof pictures of all the trips/daily outing/vacation in resorts of the past few months.
So if the gcms notes show a need for additional relationship proof, I will send all those evidences

From the ircc gckey account, is there a way to provide these proofs in advance, before any interview is fixed ?
Important: how long have you been out of Canada? Are you a PR? Could be causing delays or problems if you are/have been out of Canada for lengthy periods.

I don't believe there is a way to submit through gckey unless you have received a request, they have to enable it. You can submit the info through webform. Don't overdo it with photos, a brief content-heavy summary with a small amount of evidence/proof is more likely to get looked at (I believe).

Note, this is not a guarantee, but it is something you can do that might help and seems to have for a few people here from time to time.

And of course, don't know that it is relationship proof, but that is probably the most common by far for spousal apps. (The only other one that comes to mind as coming up more than rarely is sponsor-PR not in Canada. Other than that issues more likely to be documentary and not require interviews. But only going by things I recall, and not an expert)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So I left since 5 months, I am citizen.
Ok, the webform seems to be a good option.
I will check how to summarize and send genuine proofs of the relationships.
According to https://mobile.twitter.com/V4Families
there hasn't been a single interview at nvdo since march 2020, not sure if that's true
Ah, you're a citizen, never mind.

I don't know whether there have been formal interviews at ndvo - i think some virtual ones but not many.

There have been téléphone calls that I gather ndvo has been conducting in lieu of interviews.

John2021

Oct 25, 2021
I sent additional proof of relationship using the webform.
Tomorrow is the day when the medical expires, and it's been exactly 12 months with absolutely no updates or email since that date.
The GCMS report hasn't arrived either, not sure it will take another 12 months to get :)

is there anyone else here from June 2020 still waiting for their application ?

uwecavok

May 3, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
20-06-2020
Doc's Request.
12-01-2021
Nomination.....
26-02-2022
Med's Request
11-07-2021
Med's Done....
12-07-2021
I sent additional proof of relationship using the webform.
Tomorrow is the day when the medical expires, and it's been exactly 12 months with absolutely no updates or email since that date.
The GCMS report hasn't arrived either, not sure it will take another 12 months to get :)

is there anyone else here from June 2020 still waiting for their application ?
Yes. :mad:

justcurious2008

Aug 8, 2017
When I was having issues getting info about my application I used an app called Spikko to buy a temporary "Canadian" phone number so that I could call the agents and speak to them directly. You can't call them from outside Canada, so this allowed me to fool their system. I don't know if it will help you, but it might.

I'm sorry you've been waiting so long. Good luck