+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 **Outland** Spousal Sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We got our pre-arival letter today (Ottawa VO). I'm not really sure what the significance of the letter is, but I see it as a good sign that the process is still moving forward.
It is a good sign. Not a guarantee, but a good sign. Roughly, it seems to mean approval-in-principle - possibly pending criminality and security and some other more formal checks (eg likely means there are no significant questions about eg genuine relationship).

Good luck.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Congrats
Can you please share when they started processing after receiving at Beijing?
Thanks!
I just updated my signature so it could be a bit more specific to help others with the timeline - it was transferred on Mar 8th then went into process on Mar 24th.

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Congrats!! I hope you'll get also PPR&CoPR soon ;)
You didn't get a pre-arrival letter? Actually, my file was started processing on 19th March but I haven't gotten pre-arrival letter yet.
thank you, no pre-arrival letter yet, they did email me yesterday to ask where my husband is right now though - he is on a TRV in Canada. Then i got DM today.

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
thank you, no pre-arrival letter yet, they did email me yesterday to ask where my husband is right now though - he is on a TRV in Canada. Then i got DM today.
Thanks for your reply! So you mean you are a sponsor? I'm in Canada with TRV, and my visa's gonna be expired early in this July.
I hope I can get PR before I extend and pay another fee...