+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 **Outland** Spousal Sponsorship

thor07

Apr 15, 2018
Hey y'all! JUST sent in our application on 13th in Transit.

Sponsor: Me , Permanent Resident
Principal Applicant: Wife, Indian Citizen

We are newly weds :)
Congratulations!

Is this an Outland sponsorship? Can you share the list of documents required? None of the pdfs are opening on canada.ca. Pls help :)

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
Congratulations!

Is this an Outland sponsorship? Can you share the list of documents required? None of the pdfs are opening on canada.ca. Pls help :)
Thanks thor07. You need to download the Application package and open pdf using using your system application like Acrobat Reader to see the PDF content. Document Checklist - IMM 5533 will have all the basic information you need to start with the application. And Complete Guide page also help with everything

Yes, It is outland Sponsorship. I am the sponsor and wife is back in India, our home country. I am not sure if my Document list will suit yours as each case is different and also differ based your country. Following is our Document Checklist based on our case and IRCC Checklist order. it may not be perfect.

This is Just for you to get an idea, May not be the same for you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OUTLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP CHECKLIST IN MY CASE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART A - FORM REQUIRED (I did all signed Originals)
  • Document Checklist - IMM 5533
  • Barcode Pages

PART A – SPONSOR FORMS
  • Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement - IMM 1344
  • Application Fees

PART A – PRINCIPAL APPLICANT FORMS
  • Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 008
  • Supplementary Information - Your Travels IMM 5562
  • Additional Family Information - IMM 5406
  • Schedule A Background Declaration - IMM 5669

PART A – SPONSOR AND PRINCIPAL APPLICANT FORMS
  • Relationship information and Sponsorship Evaluation - IMM 5532
  • Use of Representatives - IMM5476

PART B – SPONSOR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
  • PR Card
  • Employment Letter - Period of employment, regular hours per week and Salary
  • Notice of Assessment - Last 2 Years

PART B –PRINCIPAL APPLICANT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
  • Passport with Stamps
  • Birth Certificate
  • Educational Certificates
  • National ID
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Police Clearance Certificates – Original
  • Passport Size Photographs X2

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO SPONSOR

A. Proof of Communication (Max 10 pages Only)

• Explanation Letter -love letter
  • Social Media Chats with Professional Translation to English and Affidavit
  • Call Records (like Phone, Skype, and WhatsApp)
  • Instagram and Facebook posts screenshots
B. Proof of Sponsors Visits
  • Boarding Passes and Tickets and Other Proofs
  • Sponsors Passport with All stamps
C. Photos (Max 20 photo Only - Name & Date with descriptions on the back)

• Wedding, Engagement, Customary Celebrations, Outings and Moments, Honeymoon, Time with Family and Friends (We did three photos per page on Paper)
D. Joint Insurances and Investment

E. Shared Expenses

• Explanation Letter – Financial Support
  • All the important expenses we spend together and each other, in terms of Receipts and Statements, Wedding expenses.
  • Bank Statements from Home Country – Did Last one year - to prove the financial support between us.
  • Bank Statements Canada- Last 6 Months (additional) - to justify my financial situation better

F. Proof of Public Relationship and Past Cohabitation
  • Letter from Sponsors Parents
  • Letter from Primary Applicant’s Parents
  • Proof of social Posts and other public appearance Proofs
G. Wedding & Engagement Invitations - Original

PART C – OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS THAT I SEND

• Marriage Preparation Course Certificates (Both of us are Catholics and this was Mandatory to get married in our Church)
  • Letter from My Canada Church
  • Sponsor T4 Last 2 Years
  • Latest 3 Pay-stubs
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Reactions: vinayk

thor07

Apr 15, 2018
Thanks thor07. You need to download the Application package and open pdf using using your system application like Acrobat Reader to see the PDF content. Document Checklist - IMM 5533 will have all the basic information you need to start with the application. And Complete Guide page also help with everything

Yes, It is outland Sponsorship. I am the sponsor and wife is back in India, our home country. I am not sure if my Document list will suit yours as each case is different and also differ based your country. Following is our Document Checklist based on our case and IRCC Checklist order. it may not be perfect.

This is Just for you to get an idea, May not be the same for you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUTLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP CHECKLIST IN MY CASE

PART A - FORM REQUIRED (I did all signed Originals)
  • Document Checklist - IMM 5533
  • Barcode Pages

PART A – SPONSOR FORMS
  • Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement - IMM 1344
  • Application Fees

PART A – PRINCIPAL APPLICANT FORMS
  • Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 008
  • Supplementary Information - Your Travels IMM 5562
  • Additional Family Information - IMM 5406
  • Schedule A Background Declaration - IMM 5669

PART A – SPONSOR AND PRINCIPAL APPLICANT FORMS
  • Relationship information and Sponsorship Evaluation - IMM 5532
  • Use of Representatives - IMM5476

PART B – SPONSOR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
  • PR Card
  • Employment Letter - Period of employment, regular hours per week and Salary
  • Notice of Assessment - Last 2 Years

PART B –PRINCIPAL APPLICANT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
  • Passport with Stamps
  • Birth Certificate
  • Educational Certificates
  • National ID
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Police Clearance Certificates – Original
  • Passport Size Photographs X2

PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP TO SPONSOR

A. Proof of Communication (Max 10 pages Only)

• Explanation Letter -love letter
  • Social Media Chats with Professional Translation to English and Affidavit
  • Call Records (like Phone, Skype, and WhatsApp)
  • Instagram and Facebook posts screenshots
B. Proof of Sponsors Visits
  • Boarding Passes and Tickets and Other Proofs
  • Sponsors Passport with All stamps
C. Photos (Max 20 photo Only - Name & Date with descriptions on the back)

• Wedding, Engagement, Customary Celebrations, Outings and Moments, Honeymoon, Time with Family and Friends (We did three photos per page on Paper)
D. Joint Insurances and Investment

E. Shared Expenses

• Explanation Letter – Financial Support
  • All the important expenses we spend together and each other, in terms of Receipts and Statements, Wedding expenses.
  • Bank Statements from Home Country – Did Last one year - to prove the financial support between us.
  • Bank Statements Canada- Last 6 Months (additional) - to justify my financial situation better

F. Proof of Public Relationship and Past Cohabitation
  • Letter from Sponsors Parents
  • Letter from Primary Applicant’s Parents
  • Proof of social Posts and other public appearance Proofs
G. Wedding & Engagement Invitations - Original

PART C – OTHER SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS THAT I SEND

• Marriage Preparation Course Certificates (Both of us are Catholics and this was Mandatory to get married in our Church)
  • Letter from My Canada Church
  • Sponsor T4 Last 2 Years
  • Latest 3 Pay-stubs
Oh thank you!! it worked after opened Acrobat reader first and then the file.

I am also from India and my wife is an Indian citizen. I am currently in India and have done my soft landing last year. I wanted to move this April but the situation hasn't been helpful.

I am planning to sponsor for her PR as soon as i am able to go back, would you know how soon i can sponsor my wife after landing in Canada again? how long should i wait before applying? is having a job mandatory for my sponsorship?

Thank again for explaining in such great detail :)

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
Oh thank you!! it worked after opened Acrobat reader first and then the file.

I am also from India and my wife is an Indian citizen. I am currently in India and have done my soft landing last year. I wanted to move this April but the situation hasn't been helpful.

I am planning to sponsor for her PR as soon as i am able to go back, would you know how soon i can sponsor my wife after landing in Canada again? how long should i wait before applying? is having a job mandatory for my sponsorship?

Thank again for explaining in such great detail :)
Great, As far as I know, They expect you to be working while sponsor her and able to take care of her and not on any social assistance. EI and Current CERB are fine as they mentioned. That's why they ask for Notice of Assessments(Tax Returns in Canada Proof) and Letter from your employer in the Default checklist. If not, you have to provide explanation and other proofs. Also no time restrictions to sponsor unless you are sponsored by some other family member in last five years or something. Not sure if there is an other option, never thought of it!

5. Employment/Source of Income
- Do not complete this section if you are a Quebec resident.
You need to show that you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring. Provide documents from one of the following options:
If you are working in Canada, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular hours per week or supporting financial documents if you are self-employed AND one of these documents issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
• Your most recent Notice of Assessment. This must include line 150 (Total Income), or
• Proof of income statement (Option C).

Note: You can view (and print) your tax retum(s) as well as other personal tax information using the CRA's My Account online service.
To register or login, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/account
individuals,html.

If you cannot provide a Notice of Assessment or a proof of income statement (Option C) for the most recent taxation year, you must provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper, accompanied by relevant supporting financial documentation to show how you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring.

If you are not working in Canada, provide other documentation showing that you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring. This must include a detailed explanation of how you plan to support yourself and the sponsored person(s) on a separate piece of paper.

thor07

Apr 15, 2018
Great, As far as I know, They expect you to be working while sponsor her and able to take care of her and not on any social assistance. EI and Current CERB are fine as they mentioned. That's why they ask for Notice of Assessments(Tax Returns in Canada Proof) and Letter from your employer in the Default checklist. If not, you have to provide explanation and other proofs. Also no time restrictions to sponsor unless you are sponsored by some other family member in last five years or something. Not sure if there is an other option, never thought of it!

5. Employment/Source of Income
- Do not complete this section if you are a Quebec resident.
You need to show that you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring. Provide documents from one of the following options:
If you are working in Canada, provide an original letter from your current employer stating your period of employment, salary, and regular hours per week or supporting financial documents if you are self-employed AND one of these documents issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA):
• Your most recent Notice of Assessment. This must include line 150 (Total Income), or
• Proof of income statement (Option C).

Note: You can view (and print) your tax retum(s) as well as other personal tax information using the CRA's My Account online service.
To register or login, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/account
individuals,html.

If you cannot provide a Notice of Assessment or a proof of income statement (Option C) for the most recent taxation year, you must provide an explanation on a separate sheet of paper, accompanied by relevant supporting financial documentation to show how you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring.

If you are not working in Canada, provide other documentation showing that you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring. This must include a detailed explanation of how you plan to support yourself and the sponsored person(s) on a separate piece of paper.
That helps, ill dig into this!

Thanks RG! you helped me get some answers i've been looking for a while!

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016
Application signed and Received at Sydney CPC today June 17
Long wait begins!

Reactions: vinayk

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016

RG_Ind

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 20 2016
AOR Received.
Apr 20 2016
Med's Request
May 05 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front
Passport Req..
Oct 18 2016

ravi0904

Jul 4, 2017
Hey Guys !!

We have submitted outland spousal sponsorship application to CPC Sydney on 15th June 2020.

All the best !! We all are together in this !!

Reactions: mandy24

sujita

Jun 21, 2020
Nepal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ndvo
AOR Received.
22-12-2020
File Transfer...
22-12-2020
Med's Request
22-12-2020
Med's Done....
04-02-2021
my application just reached CPC Sydney, 11 am Sydney time today (06/29/2020).

The good news is NS have zero new COVID cases since June 11 :), most of the Atlantic provinces are nearly free from COVID, cheers!!!,

Good luck to all

ravi0904

Jul 4, 2017
Hey Guys !!

We have submitted outland spousal sponsorship application to CPC Sydney on 15th June 2020.

All the best !! We all are together in this !!
Hey Guys , did anyone receive AOR ? We are still waiting for AOR , docs reached sydney cpc June 15th.

Reactions: KATHIA08