+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

Rezwan08

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
I just added my timeline under June 2020 ,in the excel file. I see lots of people , AOR in November 2020 including myself are on the same boat . BG completed and everything is in progress. I am located in Ottawa ,but sent the application to Sydney NS ( as I was in NB ) ,moved after 5 months of getting PR with a job.

Reactions: Hypatia

Anu11

Feb 21, 2017
i gave it on 13th of august and end of sept they ask me to submit color photocopies of passport .what is your processing office? mine is scarborough
I didn't receive any additional requests after my test. My file is being processed in the Vancouver office

cherishlady

May 26, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015 Quebec - 11/07/2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
waiting
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
IELTS Request
overall 7.5 also sent tefaq
File Transfer...
12/12/2016
Med's Request
22/12/2016
Med's Done....
23/12/2016
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-05-2017
My tracker changed on Oct 20, and I have the Citizenship oath scheduled for Nov 10th :D. So Happy!!

aedtl

Jun 4, 2020
Hi everyone,
I found my oath has been scheduled on 3rd of November, but the invitation email hasn't been arrived yet. I submitted the Webform to ask to reschedule my oath as I'm outside of Canada right now, but I just got the auto-reply email that they will only response to the priority enquiries as they shifted their resources to Afghanistan related matters. If they don't send me the invitation email, how can I contact them for rescheduling? I can't find their phone numbers. Do you have any ideas?
Have a good day.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hi everyone,
I found my oath has been scheduled on 3rd of November, but the invitation email hasn't been arrived yet. I submitted the Webform to ask to reschedule my oath as I'm outside of Canada right now, but I just got the auto-reply email that they will only response to the priority enquiries as they shifted their resources to Afghanistan related matters. If they don't send me the invitation email, how can I contact them for rescheduling? I can't find their phone numbers. Do you have any ideas?
Have a good day.
You will get the invitation email 3-4 days prior to your scheduled Oath date. You can then reply to that email address and ask them to reschedule your Oath for a later time. Currently, rescheduled Oaths are anything between 3 to 6 months later.

Reactions: aedtl

aedtl

Jun 4, 2020
You will get the invitation email 3-4 days prior to your scheduled Oath date. You can then reply to that email address and ask them to reschedule your Oath for a later time. Currently, rescheduled Oaths are anything between 3 to 6 months later.
Thank you for the advice.

Otakukid

Mar 26, 2014
British Columbia
Hello, just thought I would put my timeline as of this moment

Filed app June 7th 2020 from Vancouver
Received June 9th 2021 via courier
-----------------
Application filed - October 14th 2020
-------------------
Feb 11 2021 - Background check updated to complete
-------------------
Sep 8th 2021 - Invite for Citizenship Test
Sep 29th 2021 - Citizenship Test completed
----------------------------------------
October 1st 2021 - Citizenship test updated to complete
-----

As of currently my Background verification and Citizenship test have been set to "complete" while my Language, Physical presence and Prohibitions are all still "in progress". I find it interesting as I assumed they would only send you the Citizenship test invite after having all the other sections complete, but I suppose not. Saying that though, my situation is somewhat complex as I have been travelling both leisure wise and for work over the last decade out of Canada. On top of that I sponsored a common-law partner who decided to stay with their parents resulting in a break up, pretty much not using her PR. So maybe that might have something to do with it of why the other sections are still incomplete? Who knows lol

Anyway I am just glad to have the citizenship test out of the way... I sure learned much more about Canada compared to 99% of Canadians I know in my personal life lol

I guess at this point I won't be seeing an Oath ceremony invite until at least early 2022 if anything.

Reactions: mrbreizh

F Siddiqui

Oct 19, 2021
Hi, I need advice. I applied in July 2020. AOR Nov. 2020 and started processing in Jan 2021. No test invite yet. I am going overseas in Dec this year and will come back in March 2022. I want to delay my test invite. Because if I do the test while being away from Canada. I mighnt need to come back after oath invite before my scheduled return date. I want to resume my citizenship application process after I come back. Where should i send the email request to delay my application. or what should i do? thank you

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi, I need advice. I applied in July 2020. AOR Nov. 2020 and started processing in Jan 2021. No test invite yet. I am going overseas in Dec this year and will come back in March 2022. I want to delay my test invite. Because if I do the test while being away from Canada. I mighnt need to come back after oath invite before my scheduled return date. I want to resume my citizenship application process after I come back. Where should i send the email request to delay my application. or what should i do? thank you
You can do the test outside. If you receive the oath before March 2022, which is unlikely, then you can ask to postpone it.

aedtl

Jun 4, 2020
Hi everyone,

I finally got an oath invitation email. I replied them to reschedule the oath and got the reply like this:

===============================
An unavailability has been added to your file. Please send us proof of your departure of Canada as soon as possible.

Please send us a copy of your plane ticket, boarding pass and passport entry stamp after you have arrived in Canada. You will be rescheduled at a later date after your return according to our processing delays.
===============================

Does this mean I will be given the rescheduled oath date only after arrival in Canada? Or providing them my booking reservation after buying a ticket will be enough? I thought they will give me some specific date based on my explanation. I'm worried if they give me much later date, for example, another months after arrival in Canada...Now I'm a little bit confused.

Anyone experienced this kind of situation or know what to do?

Thank you and have a good day.

aamro1992

Jul 10, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-March-2017
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-June-2017
LANDED..........
01-Sep-2017
Got my oath email on 19th October. Oath ceremony tomorrow - finally the torture ends forever.

Need to apply for urgent citizen certificate so i can apply for passport. My flight is on 19th