+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

glk

Mar 4, 2017
Hello - my ecas shows decision made since August 2nd. Same with my online portal too everything is completed except Citizenship Ceremony which states Not Started. Can someone tell me when can I expect oath invite?

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hello - my ecas shows decision made since August 2nd. Same with my online portal too everything is completed except Citizenship Ceremony which states Not Started. Can someone tell me when can I expect oath invite?
Difficult to say … depends on your office. If you’re out East, then you would most likely be scheduled for Oath in Jan-March 2022 based on what we’re seeing nowadays

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
I have a feeling that the officer assigned to my file is sleeping or taking an extended leave of absence. Not even BG check completed. Submitted June 30, 2020, Scarborough office. Any body else in this same situation?

Reactions: Val-Kon

Val-Kon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
I have a feeling that the officer assigned to my file is sleeping or taking an extended leave of absence. Not even BG check completed. Submitted June 30, 2020, Scarborough office. Any body else in this same situation?
I have the same feeling too. I sent my application on June 6, 2020. I received AOR on October 15, 2020. My BG was completed on February 15, 2021. And no any news anymore. For me it is almost 1 year and 3 months already. I am the only one applicant. My application is super easy. I have no idea why it takes much time. I read on this forum that people receive test invites who applied in October 2020 and etc. and this makes me feel honestly sad. I did send a few times web forms with my questions - and the only answer is that my application is in process and that is it.

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
I've updated the spreadsheet. Please post an update once you've taken the test. Thanks.
Thanks! I will. I just had a question: is there an interview with or after the test as well? I see that the spreadsheet has a column for "test interview date" but I think some members just mention taking a test and not doing an interview?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks! I will. I just had a question: is there an interview with or after the test as well? I see that the spreadsheet has a column for "test interview date" but I think some members just mention taking a test and not doing an interview?
Most people don't go through an interview now a days. But if you are invited to an interview, it'll be over MS teams. They'll verify your ID and just to be safe, it is important to have the originals of all the documents you submitted with your citizenship application.

Reactions: Klamm

Klamm

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Most people don't go through an interview now a days. But if you are invited to an interview, it'll be over MS teams. They'll verify your ID and just to be safe, it is important to have the originals of all the documents you submitted with your citizenship application.
Thanks for the reply! So just to be clear, in case there is an interview, it would be after the test on another date, right? I am asking to know if I need to have the documents ready on test date (which is close).