+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Finally got our invitation to take the citizenship test.

We are a family application of 3 wherein 2 are required to take the test while the other one is exempted (55+ years old).

Our tests are scheduled between August 27, 2021 and September 16, 2021.

Status in the tracker:

Background Verification: Completed (February 22, 2021)
Language Skills: Completed (May 28, 2021)
Physical Presence: Completed (May 28, 2021)
Citizenship Test: In Progress (August 16, 2021)
Prohibitions: In Progress
Citizenship Oath: Not Started

Please update my info on the tracker!

Done.

Please post an update when you receive the test invite email and once after taking the test. Thanks.

BC Man

Aug 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am a June 2020 applicant, received AOR on October and Background verification in March but still have not received a test invite.The company I worked for in Vancouver which is a Canadian company is going to offer me a role in their overseas branch, now I am wondering;

1- May I request IRCC to make my case urgent based on the job offer?

2- Is it a negative point to them if a person leaves the country during processing before becoming a citizen(is it going to affect the decision on my application?)

3- Do I need to let them know that I am going to work overseas moving forward?(honestly I prefer not to if I don't have to so it doesn't cause even further delays considering they recently allow to take the test outside Canada, I could return for the ceremony when needed).

Thanks,

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am a June 2020 applicant, received AOR on October and Background verification in March but still have not received a test invite.The company I worked for in Vancouver which is a Canadian company is going to offer me a role in their overseas branch, now I am wondering;

2- Is it a negative point to them if a person leaves the country during processing before becoming a citizen(is it going to affect the decision on my application?)

3- Do I need to let them know that I am going to work overseas moving forward?(honestly I prefer not to if I don't have to so it doesn't cause even further delays considering they recently allow to take the test outside Canada, I could return for the ceremony when needed).

Thanks,
1- I am afraid not if you have a PR and the passport of your country of origin.
2- It shouldn't be the case in theory as you met the requirements. But who knows how they treat your file behind close doors in reality
3- I wouldn't do that.

regalkp123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Oh okay so it means mine was decision made since July 13 because it everything was completed and updated since July 13 except for the oath Ceremony..
I called IRCC today and the agent told me that my file is with Mississauga Office , they cannot say when I will get the invite.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
You can give it a try and see if they accept your urgent request. No harm to try.
People are residing outside while application is being processed. No issues.

BC Man

Aug 17, 2021
1- I am afraid not if you have a PR and the passport of your country of origin.
2- It shouldn't be the case in theory as you met the requirements. But who knows how they treat your file behind close doors in reality
3- I wouldn't do that.
Thank you for your reply;the move could be temporary.