Mar 9, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Did anyone try writing to their MP? I live in Toronto and wrote to Carolyn Bennett to ask if I can get any updates from IRCC. I wrote on Monday but have not received a response yet, just an auto reply so I don't know if anyone is even looking into my case.

I'm a June 2020 applicant and haven't received a test invite yet. My background check is complete.

Reactions: Val-Kon and Hypatia

Slimmy1

Sep 8, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
May 6
Passport Req..
Sept 25,2017
Received an invitation to take the citizenship test on July 30. Took the test today Aug 17/21. Passed.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

jamy

May 25, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-4-2010
Doc's Request.
july 6-2010
Nomination.....
22-10-2010
AOR Received.
15-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
Hello everyone, I could see almost everyone received the updates from Visa office but unfortunately i didn't receive anything since last year October when i received AOR. I applied for citizenship in Jun 2020 and my Via office is Mississauga. My background check and other steps are showing not completed in the online status. I am wondering if what should i expect and how to approach the agent. i tried couple of time the phone number mentioned in this forum but i never get the agent and IVR disconnect my call.. The only good thing is that my wife's background check have been completed but after that its a long silence. any idea what should i do to expediate the process?

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
Hello everyone, I could see almost everyone received the updates from Visa office but unfortunately i didn't receive anything since last year October when i received AOR. I applied for citizenship in Jun 2020 and my Via office is Mississauga. My background check and other steps are showing not completed in the online status. I am wondering if what should i expect and how to approach the agent. i tried couple of time the phone number mentioned in this forum but i never get the agent and IVR disconnect my call.. The only good thing is that my wife's background check have been completed but after that its a long silence. any idea what should i do to expediate the process?
I applied in June 2020 too and my office is Scarborough. BG not complete too. I called IRCC no useful update. I have applied for my GCMS notes yesterday

Reactions: jamy

jamy

May 25, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-4-2010
Doc's Request.
july 6-2010
Nomination.....
22-10-2010
AOR Received.
15-2-2011
IELTS Request
sent with documents
File Transfer...
received 6-12 month letter on 23-3-2012
Med's Request
waiting
I applied in June 2020 too and my office is Scarborough. BG not complete too. I called IRCC no useful update. I have applied for my GCMS notes yesterday
Thanks for the update. which website did you use to apply for GCMS notes?

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I understand.

Some people are waiting for more than 10 months without any update.

Try calling them again and check / apply GCMS.

I don't know what local MP can do. Some one who have info @rajkamalmohanram please share.

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I understand.

Some people are waiting for more than 10 months without any update.

Try calling them again and check / apply GCMS.

I don't know what local MP can do. Some one who have info @rajkamalmohanram please share.

Thanks
Not sure. Its been more than 12 months so order GCMS notes and see what's going on with your application. Also, find your MP using the link below and contact their office to see if they can get something. =>

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en

Reactions: visa_4all

regalkp123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Hi All,

I wanted to ask is there any way I can request for urgent processing of my application ? My Decision has been made and I am waiting for Oath however due to some issues I need to get it done urgently.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi All,

I wanted to ask is there any way I can request for urgent processing of my application ? My Decision has been made and I am waiting for Oath however due to some issues I need to get it done urgently.
You need a valid reason to apply for Urgent processing.

Read this =>

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/urgent-application-cases.html

Slimmy1

Sep 8, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
May 6
Passport Req..
Sept 25,2017
How long does it typically take for CIC to update ones profile after taken the test? Wrote the test on Tuesday but no change in my profile yet. CIC Edmonton gives me chills to be honest.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
How long does it typically take for CIC to update ones profile after taken the test? Wrote the test on Tuesday but no change in my profile yet. CIC Edmonton gives me chills to be honest.
Usually within 1-2 days but it depends on the office and the officer. Dont know if officer is on vacation or office is working with full capacity.
It doesnt matter when the test is marked as complete, all it matters is when we get DM because many of us had the test marked as complete next day but no DM Yet. But some of people who attended test with me had their DM already.
So as usual we cant do anything about waiting for marking it complete, we need to wait and see.

Slimmy1

Sep 8, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
May 6
Passport Req..
Sept 25,2017
Usually within 1-2 days but it depends on the office and the officer. Dont know if officer is on vacation or office is working with full capacity.
It doesnt matter when the test is marked as complete, all it matters is when we get DM because many of us had the test marked as complete next day but no DM Yet. But some of people who attended test with me had their DM already.
So as usual we cant do anything about waiting for marking it complete, we need to wait and see.
It is just unsettling how they work. Nothing seems by the book. But thanks for the info.

Reactions: novascotia27