+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
No I didnt apply for ATIP. No idea why my BG took ages. I think Saskatoon office is relatively slower than others.
I'm stuck with BG as well. Just trying to see if we have an similarities. Are u a PNP-PR applicant and lived in Canada for a long time before u applied for citizenship?

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
I'm stuck with BG as well. Just trying to see if we have an similarities. Are u a PNP-PR applicant and lived in Canada for a long time before u applied for citizenship?
Yes PNP applicant and been living in a same province which nominated me since 2017. Applied for citizenship in June last year.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Background Status changed to Completed - 28 June 2020

Does it mean that test invite is coming soon?
Hi guys, an exciting update from me, please update the spreadsheet. I passed my test with 18/20 today (July 1st):D My test invitation was received on June 9th with a test activation period from June 14th-July 5th.
Both were updated on the spreadsheet

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Yes PNP applicant and been living in a same province which nominated me since 2017. Applied for citizenship in June last year.
I have generally seen PNP-PR applicants take long time for BG verification to complete for citizenship application I may be wrong there might be other factors as well but so far that's what I have seen. I am. PNP PR applicant as well .. when did you move to Canada?

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
I have generally seen PNP-PR applicants take long time for BG verification to complete for citizenship application I may be wrong there might be other factors as well but so far that's what I have seen. I am. PNP PR applicant as well .. when did you move to Canada?
Not necessary. It depends on individual case by case basis. I have been living in Canada since april 2017.
Has your BG been completed?

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
IMO, being a PNP applicant has nothing to do with it. I'm a PNP applicant living in Ontario since June 2017 and I did not have this problem. Several people I know who are PNP applicants also did not face this problem. Either the criminality clearance or the security clearance or both are stuck and that is the reason your BG is still in progress. Were you requested fingerprints?

Reactions: arsal385

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Not necessary. It depends on individual case by case basis. I have been living ib Canada since april 2017.
Has you BG been completed?
i totally understand PNP has nothing to do with citizenshipthis is my observation. I may be wrong but almost everyone I talk who are/ were stuck with BG are PNP-PR. I am still stuck with criminality check. Application is in registry since Feb.

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
IMO, being a PNP applicant has nothing to do with it. I'm a PNP applicant living in Ontario since June 2017 and I did not have this problem. Several people I know who are PNP applicants also did not face this problem. Either the criminality clearance or the security clearance or both are stuck and that is the reason your BG is still in progress. Were you requested fingerprints?
No fingerprint request as of yet. I haven't received any form of correspondence from IRCC after I sent my application in July 2020.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
No fingerprint request as of yet. I haven't received any form of correspondence from IRCC after I sent my application in July 2020.
That's weird. No AOR?

You should call them and get the application number if you haven't done that already. Further, if your BG checks are still in progress, then it is likely that you'll receive a FP request.

Have you ordered GCMS notes to see what's going on with your application? If you are considering ordering notes, order it from CBSA and not IRCC (CBSA, apparently, provides notes with less redactions).

When you place a request for notes, clearly explain what it is you are looking for. Something like this:

"Please provide GCMS notes, electronic case notes of officers, status updates and any and all information pertaining to my Citizenship grant application bearing the application number XXX".

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
When you place a request for notes, clearly explain what it is you are looking for. Something like this:

"Please provide GCMS notes, electronic case notes of officers, status updates and any and all information pertaining to my Citizenship grant application bearing the application number XXX".
I thought that they would give all notes automatically. Do we need to explicitly specify to give officer's notes?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I thought that they would give all notes automatically. Do we need to explicitly specify to give officer's notes?
For CBSA, someone mentioned they only received a 2 page response (one of the pages being a cover letter). When ordering notes from CBSA, please be very specific about what it is you are looking for in their response.

Reactions: harirajmohan