+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
That's weird. No AOR?

You should call them and get the application number if you haven't done that already. Further, if your BG checks are still in progress, then it is likely that you'll receive a FP request.

Have you ordered GCMS notes to see what's going on with your application? If you are considering ordering notes, order it from CBSA and not IRCC (CBSA, apparently, provides notes with less redactions).

When you place a request for notes, clearly explain what it is you are looking for. Something like this:

"Please provide GCMS notes, electronic case notes of officers, status updates and any and all information pertaining to my Citizenship grant application bearing the application number XXX".
I received my application number verbally on phone on Dec 25th. I requested GCMS notes from IRCC but it has no notes from any office/officer nor does it show any finger print request anywhere. I called Ircc as well and I was told they don't see any info about FP request.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I received my application number verbally on phone on Dec 25th. I requested GCMS notes from IRCC but it has no notes from any office/officer nor does it show any finger print request anywhere. I called Ircc as well and I was told they don't see any info about FP request.
This is a summary of the information in my GCMS notes. Give it a read and check the same sections in your GCMS notes and see what you have.

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
This is a summary of the information in my GCMS notes. Give it a read and check the same sections in your GCMS notes and see what you have.
Mine is very similar to yours but it has no Fingerprint or FP anywhere on my GCMS. My Criminality check has no Validity date and status - InProgress as of 16 Jun 2020 as per GCMS. I literally hold a high security clearance pass where all these checks were completed through RCMP where I submitted similar employment and residence history. Not sure what's going on with this check.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Allgood44

Jun 21, 2021
Hey guys I think I'm on the same boat with many others where I completed the test and only my background check and test status is "Completed" It has been almost 2 months since the test status was updated, any idea when prohibitions and the others will be marked as completed? Is it a matter of time now?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey guys I think I'm on the same boat with many others where I completed the test and only my background check and test status is "Completed" It has been almost 2 months since the test status was updated, any idea when prohibitions and the others will be marked as completed? Is it a matter of time now?
Prohibitions, Language and Physical presence will be set to "Completed" when your application gets "Decision Made" status on ECAS. There is no standard timeline, it varies greatly from person to person. Having said that, you can expect DM sometime in this month or the next (hopefully).

Good luck!

Soorik

Nov 23, 2020
Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants)
Physical Presence Days:
App Sent:
App Delivered:
AOR:
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:
Interview Invite:
Interview Date:
Decision Made:
Oath Invite:
Oath Date:

You can skip the items that don't apply to you.

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed"
Citizenship Test "Completed"
Prohibitions, Language and Residency "Completed"

Please ignore the fields that don't yet apply to you. Thanks.
Sorry about the delay. Here we go, details below.

BTW, I have passed the test, however tracker says status in progress for test. Also my wife got test Invite too.

One more strange thing that happened is I got FP request after I got test Invite. I have submitted my FP as well.
App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants) Family of 4
Physical Presence Days: 1230
App Sent: 24 June 2020
App Delivered: 27-June-2020
AOR: December 2020
In-Progress: Jan 2021
Test Email: June 14th
Test Date: June 30
Interview Invite:
Interview Date:
Decision Made:
Oath Invite:
Oath Date:

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Sorry about the delay. Here we go, details below.

BTW, I have passed the test, however tracker says status in progress for test. Also my wife got test Invite too.

One more strange thing that happened is I got FP request after I got test Invite. I have submitted my FP as well.
App Type: Single / Family (# of applicants) Family of 4
Physical Presence Days: 1230
App Sent: 24 June 2020
App Delivered: 27-June-2020
AOR: December 2020
In-Progress: Jan 2021
Test Email: June 14th
Test Date: June 30
Interview Invite:
Interview Date:
Decision Made:
Oath Invite:
Oath Date:
I've added you to the spreadsheet. Please provide the following information from ECAS so that the entry can be completed.

AOR: The complete date, not just the month and year
In Progress: The complete date, not just the month and year

From the New Citizenship status Dashboard , please provide the following :

The date your BG checks were completed (full date)
The date your Test status was set to "Completed" (full date)

Also, please provide the full date when you received the fingerprint request email and submitted fingerprints.

Thank you!

Val-Kon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hi, I have just registered here - I am a new person here. I do not know also why it takes so much time to receive an invitation to take a test (Vancouver, BC).
I sent my package for citizenship grant on June 6, 2020 (single). On Octover 15, I received AOR. In February 2021, my background check was completed. I check the status of my application every single day. Last update was on April 23rd. I also noticed that applicants who sent applications later in August 2020, September 2020, even December 2020 did receive invitations to take tests. I sent already a web-request - and I got reply that my application is in process and that is it.
It has been year and one month already.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Hi, I have just registered here - I am a new person here. I do not know also why it takes so much time to receive an invitation to take a test (Vancouver, BC).
I sent my package for citizenship grant on June 6, 2020 (single). On Octover 15, I received AOR. In February 2021, my background check was completed. I check the status of my application every single day. Last update was on April 23rd. I also noticed that applicants who sent applications later in August 2020, September 2020, even December 2020 did receive invitations to take tests. I sent already a web-request - and I got reply that my application is in process and that is it.
It has been year and one month already.
Hey @Val-Kon .. it seems like the majority of June 2020 applicants are still waiting to get the invite. How fast your application is processed, depends on your processing office, and whether your application is routine and low-risk. In addition, Eastern Canada IRCC offices appear to be processing 2020 applications quicker than Western Canada offices.. so your wait time is unfortunately in line with the trends we’ve seen out west.

Reactions: arsal385

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bro I previously asked you if you were a PNP PR applicant ? I never received any reply like IRCC but would like to add another question if you have been in Canada for a long time or moved few Proviences before applying for citizenship? I am trying to see some pattern coz my application is stuck like yours with similar timeline. I hope to get a reply. Thank-you!
Hi,

no I am not PNP PR applicant or moved to different provinces.

Reactions: Canadiann2020

Val-Kon

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hey @Val-Kon .. it seems like the majority of June 2020 applicants are still waiting to get the invite. How fast your application is processed, depends on your processing office, and whether your application is routine and low-risk. In addition, Eastern Canada IRCC offices appear to be processing 2020 applications quicker than Western Canada offices.. so your wait time is unfortunately in line with the trends we’ve seen out west.
Thank you so much for your reply.

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
I've added you to the spreadsheet. Please provide the following information from ECAS so that the entry can be completed.

AOR: The complete date, not just the month and year
In Progress: The complete date, not just the month and year

From the New Citizenship status Dashboard , please provide the following :

The date your BG checks were completed (full date)
The date your Test status was set to "Completed" (full date)

Also, please provide the full date when you received the fingerprint request email and submitted fingerprints.

Thank you!
I think it's a great idea as the critical step now seems to be the background check.

From one of my friend's experience, he recieved the test invite 3 months after the background check was green on the online application tracker.

Reactions: Val-Kon

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
I think it's a great idea as the critical step now seems to be the background check.

From one of my friend's experience, he recieved the test invite 3 months after the background check was green on the online application tracker.
I’ve been waiting more than 3 months, I don’t think we can know how long to wait after background check :/

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

For me, it was around 3.5 months after BG checks and just under 3 months from when my application was set to "Test Ready" status as per GCMS notes.