+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone knows why it's taking so much time for me to get the test invite ? AOR was on Nov 3rd and in process since Dec 15th ? Almost 6.5 months no news :(

• Wow
Reactions: rubz9911

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
Anyone knows why it's taking so much time for me to get the test invite ? AOR was on Nov 3rd and in process since Dec 15th ? Almost 6.5 months no news :(
Has your background check been set to “completed”? If no, the. You would most luckily get FP request. If yes, then request ATIP to get a sense where your application is stuck at

sachinarora

Jun 21, 2021
Hi all, what are the circumstances one might receive an interview? I completed my exam like more than 2.5 weeks ago but still the status in the tracker for exam is "In progress". Does that mean my chances of getting an interview are high? I need to visit family back home and I would prefer my application at least goes into DM, I can delay the oath ceremony if needed(looks like it's taking more than 3 months after exam anyway)

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi all, what are the circumstances one might receive an interview? I completed my exam like more than 2.5 weeks ago but still the status in the tracker for exam is "In progress". Does that mean my chances of getting an interview are high? I need to visit family back home and I would prefer my application at least goes into DM, I can delay the oath ceremony if needed(looks like it's taking more than 3 months after exam anyway)
It’s a 50/50 chance really. No one knows how much time it will take to get an interview either.

Reactions: sachinarora

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has your background check been set to “completed”? If no, the. You would most luckily get FP request. If yes, then request ATIP to get a sense where your application is stuck at
Hi,

Nothing is completed for mine, spouse or my son profile. All of our applications are in process from last 7 months.

• Sad
Reactions: rubz9911
Dec 4, 2020
If i were you i wouldn’t change it now. ( had done once and it wasn’t a pleasant experience , it’s like your file is lost). B
This can't be true unless the OP moves to a different province or city which changes the processing office and cause delays. Address update is done by contact center agents who also reply to webforms. My address change was done within a week while my application (paper) was in transit from CPC-S to IRCC Calgary. It had no effect.

And it's also an obligation through the process to keep your information updated.

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
This can't be true unless the OP moves to a different province or city which changes the processing office and cause delays. Address update is done by contact center agents who also reply to webforms. My address change was done within a week while my application (paper) was in transit from CPC-S to IRCC Calgary. It had no effect.

And it's also an obligation through the process to keep your information updated.
Hi, if you move and change addresses to another city or another province, it’s going to cause delays ?
Thank you

Dec 4, 2020
Hi, if you move and change addresses to another city or another province, it’s going to cause delays ?
Thank you
Unfortunately yes because your processing office would be changed. Others can comment who have actually experienced change of province but I am 99% positive that your file will be sent to the office which has jurisdiction over your new residence.

This doesn't mean that your application will be processed from scratch tho. What would make it longer is the transfer time, the time your application will sit in registry at new office etc, etc.

Last edited:

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Unfortunately yes because your processing office would be changed. Others can comment who have actually experienced change of province but I am 99% positive that your file will be sent to the office which has jurisdiction over your new residence.

This doesn't mean that your application will be processed from scratch tho. What would make it longer is the transfer time, the time your application will sit in registry at new office etc, etc.
What if you move to a different address within the same city or province ?
Thank you

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sumit, you are not alone, same is the status for our applications. Applied in June 2020. So i would guess there will be a number of people from June 2020 who haven’t passed even one hurdle out of six as of yet??
ok :( thanks :(...It's longgggg waitttt more than a year now and nothing is completed yet...sooooo slooowwwww

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
ok :( thanks :(...It's longgggg waitttt more than a year now and nothing is completed yet...sooooo slooowwwww
Bro I previously asked you if you were a PNP PR applicant ? I never received any reply like IRCC but would like to add another question if you have been in Canada for a long time or moved few Proviences before applying for citizenship? I am trying to see some pattern coz my application is stuck like yours with similar timeline. I hope to get a reply. Thank-you!