+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

June 2020 - Citizenship Application

nathaniel_d

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
I got email on April 23 for citizenship test. In this same email they requested for colour copies of all my passport pages for the past 10 years to be mailed by post and Microsoft team consent form to be emailed. I’m with the Saskatoon office. Test was passed on April 30. Documents all sent on May 3.

New application tracker shows background and test completed. All are in progress except ceremony part. Anyone with similar experience?
I think not to worry. It's depends on Case office. My friend has got similar email from Mississauga office. During the Interview, Case officer asked to show some of the pages randomly.

Reactions: dok

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
My application also should be handled by the Scarborough visa office, can you please share the email address and the subject of the email. Just to keep a track on my emails.
Subject should be like "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client" & should be from "DN Cit SCR Scheduling / Convocation SCR Cit RN (IRCC)".

I would highly suggest configuring the email client on your phone with your email & creating rules to filter out non-urgent emails (that's what I do personally).

Reactions: aakif2013

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Can someone change my location on the tracker? I am in North York now. Thought I should change that as well.
Someone's updated.

Alo_edmonton

Jun 25, 2020
Hi guys.
I have plan to move to another province within a month. Currently just waiting for the test invitation. I will setup mail transfer service. Should I notice CIC immediately after I moved ? Is this will delay the whole process or is it ok to change the address after the test maybe?
Any ideas. Thank you.

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi guys.
I have plan to move to another province within a month. Currently just waiting for the test invitation. I will setup mail transfer service. Should I notice CIC immediately after I moved ? Is this will delay the whole process or is it ok to change the address after the test maybe?
Any ideas. Thank you.
No it will not delay the process & you should update your address as soon as you move to your new address. I personally did it within 2-3 days of moving to my new address. Currently most of the communication from IRCC is done via email so you don't have to worry about regular mails but it's still a good idea to set up mail forwarding.

scotian

Mar 18, 2019
Hi As checked on Application status for 18+ applicants, cic is finalizing May 5 and 11 2019 applicantions.

Becoming a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship)
Last updated: May 11, 2021

We’re still accepting new applications for citizenship.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

May 5 and 11, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

Does it mean that it may take a year or may be more for cic to finalize June 2020 applicants.

My application status as checked on https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login shows background check completed.

• Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Not started
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
I am in some sought of dilemma. My current passport is valid for another 14 months. Should I wait for cic or apply for renewing passport.

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi As checked on Application status for 18+ applicants, cic is finalizing May 5 and 11 2019 applicantions.

Becoming a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship)
Last updated: May 11, 2021

We’re still accepting new applications for citizenship.

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between

May 5 and 11, 2019 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.

Does it mean that it may take a year or may be more for cic to finalize June 2020 applicants.

My application status as checked on https://cst-ssc.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login shows background check completed.

• Language skills
    In progress
  • Physical presence
    In progress
  • Citizenship test
    Not started
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    In progress
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
I am in some sought of dilemma. My current passport is valid for another 14 months. Should I wait for cic or apply for renewing passport.
If you have plans to travel in the near future, you should renew your passport but I believe most authorities require at least 8-9 months before expiry for the passport renewal.

TheLionHeart

Jun 27, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I applied for citizenship back in June 2020. I got the online citizenship test invite a week ago and yesterday I passed the test

I checked the status online and it's quite confusing. The Language and Physical Presence are still "In Process".

I was under the impression that only candidates who meets these basic requirements gets the test invite.

Why they took the test when basic steps are not complete yet?

Any estimates on how long will it take once the test is passed?

Thanks

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Hello Everyone,

I applied for citizenship back in June 2020. I got the online citizenship test invite a week ago and yesterday I passed the test

I checked the status online and it's quite confusing. The Language and Physical Presence are still "In Process".

I was under the impression that only candidates who meets these basic requirements gets the test invite.

Why they took the test when basic steps are not complete yet?

Any estimates on how long will it take once the test is passed?

Thanks
It's same for me. From what I have read & understood, those checks will probably go through when you may get your interview.

For how long, it depends on which office is processing your file. I am anticipating an interview for myself in next 4-6 weeks & then after that oath should be another 4 weeks.

TheLionHeart

Jun 27, 2020
It's same for me. From what I have read & understood, those checks will probably go through when you may get your interview.

For how long, it depends on which office is processing your file. I am anticipating an interview for myself in next 4-6 weeks & then after that oath should be another 4 weeks.
Thank you for your reply.

What will be the interview about? Do I have to present any documents?

I want to make sure I have everything they may ask for

latestbot

Jan 4, 2015
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Thank you for your reply.

What will be the interview about? Do I have to present any documents?

I want to make sure I have everything they may ask for
I believe the interview is just a general interview about yourself. The officer may ask you to present your passports, verify some details from the application itself. I wouldn't worry about that until you get the email for interview itself.

break0987

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Hi just checked status update on new tracking system
language skills:in progress
physical presence :in progress
citizenship test : not started
background verification: completed
prohibitions: in progress
citizenship ceremony:not started
application filed : dec 4th ,2020 that was actually my AOR received.my application was sent on june 30,2020.

Nmrd

May 18, 2021
Hiya, just adding myself:

Location (city): Toronto
App type (single or # of people): single
Physical presence days: 1104
App sent date: June 30, 2020
App delivered date: July 7th, 2020
AOR: Oct 30, 2020