+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

seal_light

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Info-sharing is used specifically with Five Country Conference (FCC) countries, i.e. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the U.S, and federal agencies as per the agreements in place. The object of information-sharing is to support the effective administration and enforcement of Canada’s citizenship and immigration programs including, but not limited to, such matters as:
  • travel to Canada, authorization to enter into Canada, the investigation of matters relating to program abuse, criminality, public safety and health, the coordination and streamlining of enforcement cases and the sharing of services and facilities, i.e., those used for detention purposes;
  • the selection of foreign nationals, issuance of visas, protection of refugees, integration of newcomers, support of provincial and territorial immigration programs and settlement services;
  • the support of Canada’s public safety and security objectives with respect to the management of the global movement of people and combating international terrorism, war crimes, crimes against humanity and organized crime.

See https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in01-eng.pdf

However, as a process it is different from criminality. Under criminal admissibility, an applicants applying for permanent residence is considered to be criminally inadmissible if the person:

• was convicted of an offence in Canada;
  • was convicted of an offence outside of Canada that is considered a crime in Canada; or
  • committed an act outside of Canada that is considered a crime under the laws of the country where it occurred and would be punishable under Canadian law.

If you see page 2 of your GCMS notes, they are processed differently and tare depicted separately.

Even if info-sharing is not passed, or in progress, other stages will continue to progress. Since for criminality biometrics are required, if your biometrics are not on file, that would be a reason for the delay. Also, once the biometrics are on file, they have to be sent to RCMP and RCMP will revert back to IRCC based on their search.

Seehttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html
I don't understand why biometrics need to be sent to RCMP when I've already given my fingerprints to RCMP for criminal record check as requested by IRCC. Can you shed more light on this please?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon as there is no border landing and I have received my copr in email last week, I have below question.
I have my car exported from USA and imported temporarily to Canada last year while I was on work permit. I need to import my car permanently now.
Should I contact IRCC or CBSA to get details on the process?
Any information that you can provide on this in this COVID situation?
How can I declare goods to follow in this case as I have furniture in USA, planning to bring sometime later when border opens.

All imports and border related issues have to be dealt with CBSA. When you move to Canada as a settler, that was the time you had to provide a goods to follow list which would have exempt you from the tariffs and duties.

see https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/mrc-drc-eng.html

But for specific details, contact CBSA at the port of entry where you wish to get the goods from.

kunal56india

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon

My current status as per Assessments section is as below.

Eligibility - Passed
Security - Not Started
Criminality- Passed
Medicals - Passed

The last notes were from case analyst, not officer.

Can I relax and be sure that it's all good from hereon? Just security remaining and then PPR?

halu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
This is the fate of many applications. If you are outside Canada, many applications have been pit on hold and unless the travel restrictions are eased, your application will be pending since even if the COPR is issued, you are not eligible to travel which would result in the COPR expiring and then your application having to be reopened and a new COPR being generated.

If you see page 1 of your GCMS notes, the status will be open.
@legalfalcon my application is CEC inland... landing was virtually done when application was approved... what do you think in my case?

The application has been complete and approved per profile update. Not GCMS notes
Final decision has been made already.

Last edited:

Jun 05

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon my application is CEC inland... landing was virtually done when application was approved... what do you think in my case?

The application has been complete and approved per profile update. Not GCMS notes
If you have received COPR or if you received a call from IRCC about the landing, you will receive the COPR in a day or two.

Usually after the landing interview, the COPR is sent.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

My current status as per Assessments section is as below.

Eligibility - Passed
Security - Not Started
Criminality- Passed
Medicals - Passed

The last notes were from case analyst, not officer.

Can I relax and be sure that it's all good from hereon? Just security remaining and then PPR?
In most cases the assessment by an assistant to analyst will be approved by an officer. So if your GCMS notes say that as per the analyst your eligibility is passed, that is a good news.

You will see an officer's notes when it is reviewed. It will look like #4,004

After this your security will be initiated. To read on security, how it is done, see
https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Mariam t

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
please i need urgent suggestion.

My application is still on going and i have just renewed my passport and my dependents since the one i used in my application expires in April.

Please how do i attach this new information to my application.

Thanks

lsmoura

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Kitchener, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
26-06-2020
Med's Done....
17-08-2020

My application is still on going and i have just renewed my passport and my dependents since the one i used in my application expires in April.

Thanks
Send the new passports by webform. Explain that your passports were expiring and you renewed them and attach the files.

Reactions: Mariam t

HBarnes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020

Mine was approved on January 23rd, still hasn’t received the letter. Calling IRCC every week since then. The latest response is “don’t worry, they didn’t forget about you”

• Wow
Reactions: F@l and halu

bks2709

Sep 27, 2020
When did you do your medicals? they usually are valid for 1 year...
My medical valid until May, still they have requested Medical. Interesting part is that they are sending medical requests for different applicants on different dates even though all are done and submitted at the same time. Medical was approved and now it's showing action required, not sure if that's the delay tactics

bks2709

Sep 27, 2020

Thanks
For me they enabled the link in the application details page where I hade all of the documents. I uploaded after logging and navigating to "View Submitted Application or upload documents. Please check if you have option enabled to upload there

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

halu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
Mine was approved on January 23rd, still haven’t received the letter. Calling IRCC every week since then. The latest response is “don’t worry, they didn’t forget about you”
Do you have the CoPR number updated on your profile?

Or is everything approved per GMCS notes only? Per GCMS notes received back in January, my application was just waiting for Final Decision, since December 11th, 2020.
However, my profile was updated on February 19th with the final decision and CoPR number. But no CoPR letter yet... which makes no sense to me...

Last edited:

halu

Star Member
Jan 18, 2021
If you have received COPR or if you received a call from IRCC about the landing, you will receive the COPR in a day or two.

Usually after the landing interview, the COPR is sent.
The landing was virtually completed on Friday 19th, 2021. It has been three days already since them... Any suggestions? I am concerned.
This waiting never ends...