CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-06-2020
Med's Done....
06-08-2020
I am calling from India using this textnow app that assigns you a local number.
Try to call in repeatedly between 8 am and 8:15 am EST, as soon as it lets you choose a number (i.e. around 2mins 20 secs) punch in the numbers 3, 4, 1, 0 (with no gap). I called them at 8 am sharp and it went through.

Reactions: Maulakh

AnnAlex

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
Other
AOR Received.
03-06-2020
Info-sharing refers to the agreements that Canada has in place with other countries whereby the information is ahead to combat international crime, human rights violations etc.

The most robust agreement is with the US, with which Canada shares biometrics information too.

See https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in01-eng.pdf

For US Canada info sharing see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/evaluations/biometrics-canada-united-states-immigration-information-sharing-initiatives.html
But Info sharing does NOT apply to all applicants. Am I right?? I have never been to Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States or even applied for a visa there.. What about you @dactoan.nguyen Anyways my info sharing is completed as per the agent.

In short, what I heard from my calls to IRCC for the last two months was - "All your stages other than security has been completed and passed. Security is still not initiated"

@dactoan.nguyen I am gonna call them only after you have any updates on your application. It seems like we both are on the same pace. I wish/hope as we receive our PR before June at least so that it wont be an year of my submission. Can you believe as it will be 1 year after 3-3.5 months !!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
But Info sharing does NOT apply to all applicants. Am I right?? I have never been to Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States or even applied for a visa there.. What about you @dactoan.nguyen Anyways my info sharing is completed as per the agent.

In short, what I heard from my calls to IRCC for the last two months was - "All your stages other than security has been completed and passed. Security is still not initiated"

@dactoan.nguyen I am gonna call them only after you have any updates on your application. It seems like we both are on the same pace. I wish/hope as we receive our PR before June at least so that it wont be an year of my submission. Can you believe as it will be 1 year after 3-3.5 months !!
Info-sharing applies to all applications, however, based on individual profile, which whom the information will be shared is a different issues. info-sharing is not only is with other countries, but also between different departments and agencies within Canada as per the the agreements in place. The agreements are legally binding and have to be complied with, they are not discretionary.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in01-eng.pdf

Similarly you have many other international agreement in place with other countries, specifically the FCC, i.e. Five Country Conference (FCC), i.e. co-operation on migration and border security, between the countries of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the United States. and each agreement stipulates what info and in what form will be shared.

Last edited:

AnnAlex

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
Other
AOR Received.
03-06-2020
Info-sharing applies to all applications, however, based on individual profile, which whom the information will be shared is a different issues. info-sharing is not only is with other countries, but also between different departments and agencies within Canada as per the the agreements in place. The agreements are legally binding and have to be complied with, they are not discretionary.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in01-eng.pdf

Similarly you have many other international agreement in place with other countries, specifically the FCC, i.e. Five Country Conference (FCC), i.e. co-operation on migration and border security, between the countries of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the United States. and each agreement stipulates what info and in what form will be shared.
Thank you .. That was very deep.

So, the time gap between the info. sharing & criminality completed to Security - what's happening there ?? As per my understanding - My eligibility was passed in end of Nov 2020.

Does some agent has to literally go into initiate the security ??

HBarnes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Good Day folks. Is there anyone here who is waiting for COPR document after application was approved in online account for more than 3 weeks?

lynzhm

Sep 25, 2020
vancouver
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-06-2020
AOR 6.10. Just got my gmcs notes says that only eligibility and medical passed, criminality and info sharing in progress, security not started. Last update notes was on Oct 21st. My agent says I'm under background check process and it might be a long long time of wait. I'm so desperate to see good news coming this week....

Reactions: PlUrb

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hello everyone,

I need advice/insights on this please. I am currently a student in Canada. Had to go back to school in 2020 cos my first PR application was refused in 2019 due to wrong NOC code and my work permit expired then too (BOWP was also declined). I reapplied for PR on June 17 2020 and got approved January 30th, 2021 (I have sent my copr with two passports as requested by IRCC for my PR Card). I have applied for and gotten my new SIN, given it to my current employer and also informed my school of my change in status (International student to domestic student)

My question is this: since I am now a domestic student, I know I am no longer under the rule which says int'l students are to work for only 20hrs/week. I already have a part-time job where i still do 20hrs/week. Can I get another job so I get more hours to work, even up to 40-45 hours/week? Will this be an issue with CRA and/or IRCC in future?
I'll be done with school by April 2021.

@legalfalcon and anyone else with insights on this, please help me. TIA! :)