+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JUNE 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Augustinelunde

Dec 18, 2020
:confused:My eligibility is still at Review Required (RR), and it is 8 months already. The GCMS note does not state exactly what needs to be reviewed. Any suggestion?

Waiting2524

Feb 8, 2021
Toronto
Category........
CEC
:confused:My eligibility is still at Review Required (RR), and it is 8 months already. The GCMS note does not state exactly what needs to be reviewed. Any suggestion?
Did you check it online or the agent told you over the phone?
As my application is also showing eligibility and background still on process and agent told me over the phone that everything is passed.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
No worries, even if there is no RR and all stages are passed, the file could also be put on hold for final approval for (another) couple of months. Don't ask me how I know it. :)

SJCochrane6

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Na i can only see group 1
I orderedthese notes on 13 janaury and as evrything passed for now these notes say not started so ... i am not sure what will happen next
On page 4 of mine under group name it says “CPCO COVID RFV” I think that’s the same. What does this group mean exactly?

Maulakh

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Hey Guys!
I just talked to the agent. FINALLY!!
They said my criminality is passed and security hasn't strated. How long before I get the final approval, does anyone have an idea?
I forgot to ask when did I pass criminality.
My VO is Ottawa and I am an FSW outland applicant.
How did you call from outside Canada?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If I apply for gcms notes will that delay application processing?
Requesting GCMS notes has no bearing on the processing of your existing application. They are two separate processes. The processing of your application happens under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, where as the GCMS notes are processed under the Access to Information Act, they are separate processes and have no bearing on each other.

Further, IRCC in one of its twitter feeds has clarified this:

However, currently IRCC has been experiencing delays in the release of GCMS notes. As per IRCC's ATIP report, 49% of all requests filed with IRCC were delayed. An alternative option is to consider requesting your notes from CBSA. To read on the difference between the IRCC notes and those released by CBSA, and why CBSA currently may be a better option, see https://bit.ly/3q9p2Oc

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon just hoping to get an opinion on this, as my work Permit is expired (restoration + extension is filed), all stages are passed, would they hold off on my COPR for this reason? TIA
No, your TRV applications have no bearing on your PR application. They are processed on their own merits. Section 22(1) of IRPA states:

Temporary resident

• 22 (1) A foreign national becomes a temporary resident if an officer is satisfied that the foreign national has applied for that status, has met the obligations set out in paragraph 20(1)(b), is not inadmissible and is not the subject of a declaration made under subsection 22.1(1).
    (2) An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

As regards the PR, IRCC is continuing to send COPRs to inland applicants on regular basis. Given that you have a PR application in process, and that your have also applied for an extension, during final review, for either application, a Field Operations Support System (FOSS) check is done to determine your current immigration status in Canada. Given that both application will be seen there, IRCC may just process your PR and issue you a COPR, instead of duplicating the work of first processing the TRV and then PR. Though, this is an ideal scenario, but keep your fingers crossed.

Rav@12

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
No, your TRV applications have no bearing on your PR application. They are processed on their own merits. Section 22(1) of IRPA states:

As regards the PR, IRCC is continuing to send COPRs to inland applicants on regular basis. Given that you have a PR application in process, and that your have also applied for an extension, during final review, for either application, a Field Operations Support System (FOSS) check is done to determine your current immigration status in Canada. Given that both application will be seen there, IRCC may just process your PR and issue you a COPR, instead of duplicating the work of first processing the TRV and then PR. Though, this is an ideal scenario, but keep your fingers crossed.
Thank you so much, really!!

Reactions: legalfalcon

luckybeck

Oct 2, 2020
Hey all,
I know this a random question but what is the average waiting time after all stages passed to COPR. I passed all stages January 27 and still waiting on final decision. I am CEC inland with AOR June 12.
Please comment if you're in the same boat and/or can advise about the waiting time

@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
CEC inland with AOR June 12. All passed at beginning of December and still waiting for the final decision.

Reactions: Rav@12