Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Do you have any idea how long it may take if REVIEW REQUIRED is put on someone's eligibility? I received the GCMS note I ordered on December 11, yesterday and the Case Analyst put that on the file. I am also confused with few lines that I see on the note.

1. CRS score at ITA was 442 CRS points minimum score for round:440 CRS score at application (APR): 448/Verified CRS Score:392...

2.CEC Work: 2yrs and 6 months. CEC Work: 1yr CRS Foreign Work: 0years 0 months of 3years_ REVIEW REQUIRED CRS Canadian Work: 2years.

I am wondering why they put my Foreign Work experience was put at 0 and why they said the verified CRS score was 392. I attached all documents detailing my experience with the application. So far, nothing further has been requested but it has been well over 7 months.
I had an old post on RR, re-posting it here.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Reactions: Augustinelunde

Deepthisri

Feb 2, 2021
You can request reconsideration, but it will be at the discretion of IRCC. You should create a new EE profile and start over. If reconsideration is accepted, which is highly unlikely if your rep did not submit the document, you can delete your new profile.

If not, then you can proceed with the new one.
Thank you.

Reactions: legalfalcon

ymashruwala

May 1, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi Guys!

I am very excited to inform you all that I just received my CoPR today.
I directly received an email from CIC Etobicoke Landings. No phone calls and no additional verification was requested.
I am a CEC Inland Applicant

AOR: June 30, 2020

Following are the details/ Timeline:

Review of eligibility
  • February 1, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • August 19, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • October 28, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • January 20, 2021 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • February 1, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
I hope you all receive your Permanent Residency soon. I wish you all the best for your future in Canada.

Navjot sidhu

Nov 22, 2020
Hi Guys!

I directly received an email from CIC Etobicoke Landings. No phone calls and no additional verification was requested.

Review of eligibility
  • February 1, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
  • February 1, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
I hope you all receive your Permanent Residency soon. I wish you all the best for your future in Canada.
Congratulations

Ro66

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hi Guys!

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
Congratulations, did u get any updates lately?

Ro66

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020

FINALLY got confirmation updated.
Received a call from no caller name an hour ago this morning, asked several quetions and I confirmed its virtual landing.
I was told that several emails include COPR will be sent to me today or next couple of days.

Timeline:

AOR: June 26
Medical pass: Aug 19
Bipmetrics exemept: Oct 20th
Eligibility recommended passed: Oct 29th
Then wait til Januray 5th, got a ghost update and called, confiremd all stages passed but I forgot to ask the dates for each stage passed.
Final decision: Feb 2nd
Virtual landing: Feb 2nd

I wish all of you who are still waiting for PR will receive the golden email in the next couple of days. Our days are coming!!!
Congratulations, did u received any updates in ur online account lately??

amex

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Hi,
Can anyone help me please. Today I got a refusal letter. Reason mentioned that my spouse IELTS was expired before AOR , so I lost 14 points for my spouse language test and I didn't met the eligibility criteria. But I have submitted the new IELTS score card to my representative. But I guess they didn't submit the new score card. From day 1 my representative said that I am the principal applicant so no need of my spouse IELTS. But today my application is refused because of my spouse IELTS.

Can I raise a web form now for my spouse IELTS. Or I need to recreate another EE profile.

@legalfalcon pls help me
What is your AOR date and when did you get the refusal letter?
I believe they do all checks about completeness during the first two months?

sophieannsmith

Star Member
Aug 24, 2020
Hi Guys!

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision

Nice! congratulations!!!

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018

FINALLY got confirmation updated.
Received a call from no caller name an hour ago this morning, asked several quetions and I confirmed its virtual landing.
I was told that several emails include COPR will be sent to me today or next couple of days.

Timeline:

AOR: June 26
Medical pass: Aug 19
Bipmetrics exemept: Oct 20th
Eligibility recommended passed: Oct 29th
Then wait til Januray 5th, got a ghost update and called, confiremd all stages passed but I forgot to ask the dates for each stage passed.
Final decision: Feb 2nd
Virtual landing: Feb 2nd

I wish all of you who are still waiting for PR will receive the golden email in the next couple of days. Our days are coming!!!
Hey James, Congratulation. I have a question regarding "Review of addition documents": did you submit any requested documents to IRCC and the status of it is "Not applicable" til your final decision? Because I submitted and received an email mentioned they have received my document and the status of it updated to "Not applicable" same as yours.

james0521

Nov 7, 2020
Thanks for the detailed reply.

On my last call I was told they see a note that my «virtual landing” is complete ( nobody called/e-mailed me to ask any questions though ). The COPR number is in my account online, but no recieved no document yet. Anyway...it looks like its best to quit expecting anything
Congratulations, did u received any updates in ur online account lately??
I received ghost update on the beginning of Jan, and call the second day was told all stages passed. Then there’s another ghost update today after I got the call from IRCC.

Reactions: Ro66

james0521

Nov 7, 2020
Hey James, Congratulation. I have a question regarding "Review of addition documents": did you submit any requested documents to IRCC and the status of it is "Not applicable" til your final decision? Because I submitted and received an email mentioned they have received my document and the status of it updated to "Not applicable" same as yours.
I submitted an ielts grade before as they required back on August 18th. They reviewed but they didn’t let me know. It turned to not applicable for long time since October I guess.

Reactions: dactoan.nguyen

Augustinelunde

Dec 18, 2020
I had an old post on RR, re-posting it here.

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.
Thank you so much for the explanation. But they did not state what exactly the issue is. The case is just pending and it is driving me crazy.

What is CSE and could wrong NOC Code also be a reason?

Can I go ahead and send detailed letters and documents about my foreign work experience as having to wait might take too long for them to respond?

Ro66

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
I received ghost update on the beginning of Jan, and call the second day was told all stages passed. Then there’s another ghost update today after I got the call from IRCC.
Good thank you. I got ghost update on 23 jan and all stages were passed. So according to ur timeline I might need to wait another few week to get approved.

Deepthisri

Feb 2, 2021
What is your AOR date and when did you get the refusal letter?
I believe they do all checks about completeness during the first two months?
AOR: June 29, 2020
Medical: August 24, 2020
Biometric: October 28, 2020
Refusal letter: February 2nd 2021