Star Member
Jul 9, 2020
India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I am also CEC Outland (In India ) applicant with my dependent waiting to give her biometric. I think we need to wait furthermore. Keeping fingers crossed. My status is also saying background check in progress

Rav@12

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
Hey guys!
I was wondering if anyone can answer my questions about the PGWP extension program
Are we able to work while the application is in progress?

@legalfalcon Could you please weigh in on this too, cz I believe it will help a lot of people.
Thank you so much

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
I am an inland applicant and it has been almost 2 months since my application was approved. Nothing is more frustrating than hearing IRCC agents using COVID as an excuse to not send a document which takes a couple of minutes to draft.

I hope you guys don’t fall into this new COPR portal trap. People who got their applications approved several weeks after mine have become permanent residents while I am stuck in an awkward stage indefinitely. I do see what appears to be the COPR document on my GCMS notes. Several sources in this forum point out that your work permit and TRVs get invalidated as soon as your PR application is approved and a COPR document is generated.

@legalfalcon, what are my options at this point? Simply wait hoping for an agent to finally send my COPR document or take this to my MP? I can understand why Outland applicants are waiting for COPR but why does an inland applicant like me have to wait for 2 months?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey guys!
I was wondering if anyone can answer my questions about the PGWP extension program
Are we able to work while the application is in progress?

@legalfalcon Could you please weigh in on this too, cz I believe it will help a lot of people.
Thank you so much

You can work full-time while waiting for a decision on your post-graduation work permit application if, at the time you submitted your application, you:

• had a valid study permit,
  • had completed your program of study,
  • were eligible to work off-campus without a permit, and
  • did not work off-campus more than 20 hours a week during academic sessions.

See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am an inland applicant and it has been almost 2 months since my application was approved. Nothing is more frustrating than hearing IRCC agents using COVID as an excuse to not send a document which takes a couple of minutes to draft.

I hope you guys don’t fall into this new COPR portal trap. People who got their applications approved several weeks after mine have become permanent residents while I am stuck in an awkward stage indefinitely. I do see what appears to be the COPR document on my GCMS notes. Several sources in this forum point out that your work permit and TRVs get invalidated as soon as your PR application is approved and a COPR document is generated.

@legalfalcon, what are my options at this point? Simply wait hoping for an agent to finally send my COPR document or take this to my MP? I can understand why Outland applicants are waiting for COPR but why does an inland applicant like me have to wait for 2 months?

Your options are just to wait. Each application is different and you cannot compare. There are other inland applicants too who would be waiting which you see your application approved.

Your visas and permits will only be invalidated from he date you receive your stamped COPR not before that. This is because after you become an admitted PR, you do not need visas to travel or work in Canada.

Just seeing approved on GCMS notes or a document number does not result in invalidation of any of your current visas.

Have you receive a PR confirmation portal invite?

Rav@12

Star Member
Dec 16, 2020
You can work full-time while waiting for a decision on your post-graduation work permit application if, at the time you submitted your application, you:

• had a valid study permit,
  • had completed your program of study,
  • were eligible to work off-campus without a permit, and
  • did not work off-campus more than 20 hours a week during academic sessions.

See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15
I’m sorry I might not be clear, I’m talking about the newest policy that came out.
As I applied restoration+open work permit so does that give the persmission to work while waiting as I applied yesterday?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Your options are just to wait. Each application is different and you cannot compare. There are other inland applicants too who would be waiting which you see your application approved.

Your visas and permits will only be invalidated from he date you receive your stamped COPR not before that. This is because after you become an admitted PR, you do not need visas to travel or work in Canada.

Just seeing approved on GCMS notes or a document number does not result in invalidation of any of your current visas.

Have you receive a PR confirmation portal invite?
Yes, got the invite on the 6th of Jan and it took them more than 2 weeks just to send the username and password for the portal. Uploaded my picture and address on the portal on the same day, however, there has been any progress since then.

You say each application is different. I agree with you on that as mine is a straight forward one and my GCMS notes suggest that most it not all of my application was processed in a day. I wish IRCC had a feedback system to see what kind of terrible job they are doing.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Yes, got the invite on the 6th of Jan and it took them more than 2 weeks just to send the username and password for the portal. Uploaded my picture and address on the portal on the same day, however, there has been any progress since then.

You say each application is different. I agree with you on that as mine is a straight forward one and my GCMS notes suggest that most it not all of my application was processed in a day. I wish IRCC had a feedback system to see what kind of terrible job they are doing.
Mine was approved mid January. Still no sign of anything.

Reactions: Rav@12

desrainphx

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Hey guys! Just wanted to ask if anyone from India with June AOR gotten their copr yet? Country is residence USA. What is the average timeline for fsw outland applications?

Mariner007

Feb 1, 2021
Hi everyone. Congratulations to the ones who've received their COPR. I'm on the same boat as well. June 2020 AOR, Processing timeline has reached 100% already, FSW stream outland applicant. How long would it still take to receive PPR? Any inputs would be much appreciated. Thanks